+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mouseaccel issue / bug

Member Angryi is on a distinguished road Angryi's Avatar

mouseaccel issue / bug

Ive got an annoying problem with accel: whenever I join a server, the accel doesnt seem either to kick in, or its doubled.
    I made sure the qzconfig and repconfig files are set to read only and contain the same values, but the only thing that seems to work is execing my config and doing in_restart afterwards. Sometimes it takes several tries to make it work properly.
    Cpma and OSP are perfectly fine, tried them both just to make sure its not the mouse or anything hw related.

Is this a known issue and could it be fixed somehow? Thanks.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    in_nograb 0?

Are the values of:

sensitivity
    cl_mouseAccel
    cl_mouseAccelOffset
    cl_mouseAccelPower
    cl_mouseSensCap

Consistent or at their defaults? Maybe one of these got changed and then you set your configs to read only so that you keep having to change them and the information is never saved..

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    in_nograb 0?

Are the values of:

sensitivity
    cl_mouseAccel
    cl_mouseAccelOffset
    cl_mouseAccelPower
    cl_mouseSensCap

Consistent or at their defaults? Maybe one of these got changed and then you set your configs to read only so that you keep having to change them and the information is never saved..
    Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, Ive rechecked again, those values in my config are as they should be. I basically took my config, copied it and renamed the copies to qzconfig/repconfig and made them read only to prevent QL overwriting anything. Also, In_mouse 2, m_filter 0, m_cpi 0.

Its solely an accel issue, sensitivity stays the same (I measured 360s). Im also not using any kind of accel fixes for windows or anything that could affect accel in any way, including mouse drivers.

I keep hearing about this 'accel bug' that occurs with higher accel (mine is .5) that needs to be fixed, is this the case, or can I somehow prevent it from happening?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    You said that cpma and OSP are fine, which points away from a windows mousefix/driver issue (as does in_mouse 2). It also rules out a mouse issue since that would also show up in the other games.

Can you pastebin your config? There are cvars that exist in QL that do not exist in CPMA/OSP.

One thing is that it is unusual to make your configs read-only. The presence of autoexec.cfg makes it so that settings will not be saved after QL is closed already. For most settings anyways, there are a few such as handicap that can remain changed.

Another thing is if you reset defaults, then try some mouse accel for a bit, and see if you still experience the issue. If you do not it points to a config problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    You said that cpma and OSP are fine, which points away from a windows mousefix/driver issue (as does in_mouse 2). It also rules out a mouse issue since that would also show up in the other games.

Can you pastebin your config? There are cvars that exist in QL that do not exist in CPMA/OSP.

One thing is that it is unusual to make your configs read-only. The presence of autoexec.cfg makes it so that settings will not be saved after QL is closed already. For most settings anyways, there are a few such as handicap that can remain changed.

Another thing is if you reset defaults, then try some mouse accel for a bit, and see if you still experience the issue. If you do not it points to a config problem.
    Heres the config: http://pastebin.com/uADgb8cS . Though I dont think there are any cpma/osp cvars present, what I basically did was /writeconfig and edit after to get full cvar list.
    Anyway, I dont see it as a config issue. The accel gets now "restarted" even in between games, my presumtion is that the accel would be acting weird for the whole time. No matter, Ill try what you suggested and reset the settings to default and see if that has any effect on accel. Ive also disabled read only for both qzconfig and repconfig and see if that does something.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    you can always create your own autoexec and just put exec mycfg.cfg in it. try doing /clearcvar cl_mouseaccel. It gives it a value of "" I use these accel settings

cl_mouseAccelPower ".3"
    cl_mouseAccel ".15"
    cl_mouseAccelOffset ""
    m_cpi ""
    cl_mouseSensCap ""

In your personal cfg that you exec each game you don't need to have mouse cvars in them if they are at default values. Before I started to use accel I never found cl_mouseaccel 0 to actually turn anything off but to give me issues
    Last edited by Adderall; 02-03-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Adderall View Post
    you can always create your own autoexec and just put exec mycfg.cfg in it. try doing /clearcvar cl_mouseaccel. It gives it a value of "" I use these accel settings

cl_mouseAccelPower ".3"
    cl_mouseAccel ".15"
    cl_mouseAccelOffset ""
    m_cpi ""
    cl_mouseSensCap ""

In your personal cfg that you exec each game you don't need to have mouse cvars in them if they are at default values. Before I started to use accel I never found cl_mouseaccel 0 to actually turn anything off but to give me issues
    Thanks. I am using autoexec, Ive been testing clearcvar for accel for a couple of days (both in exec and ingame) and had about the same luck as with execing and doing in_restart afterwards. Its like a 33% chance that quake loads my settings properly.

Is there anything I can do to permanently fix this? Feels like Ive tried just about everything.

Are you "puritan" on esr?

If not: http://www.esreality.com/post/238058...-out-of-ideas/

+ Reply to Thread