+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A quick question about ELO.....

Senior Member NEPHIREM is on a distinguished road NEPHIREM's Avatar

A quick question about ELO.....

Sorry for opening new thread, but I'm a bit intrigued about how this ELO thing work? I'm using QLprism and in there I can see my ELO. So!

This is about CA. I am ranked T4 with an ELO of 1044. I wanted to join game where my friend is playing but couldn't because my skill was too high. My friend is ranked T3 with an ELO of 1546. Shouldn't my friend also be ranked T4 in this case?

Senior Member T1E is on a distinguished road T1E's Avatar
    where do you see what elo your friend has?

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    QL ELO is a fan creation, and it's not accurate since not everyone's games are scanned.

Senior Member NEPHIREM is on a distinguished road NEPHIREM's Avatar
    @T1E It's a feature of QLprism:

http://i46.tinypic.com/4kcqb.jpg

So, it's not accurate... Well, it seemed odd, that's why I asked the question. Thanks Cat.

Senior Member T1E is on a distinguished road T1E's Avatar
    So it's not a ql feature, but a qlprism feature?!

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    CA elo is broken, so disregard it completely.

Elo is calculated outside of Quake Live (ID) by www.qlranks.com

It's only accurate for Duels, for CA, it tracks roughly 50% of your games... less than that IMO, and is by no means accurate at all whatsoever.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    The ELO that's visible in QLPrism isn't related to the in-game ratings of players on QL.

This proves a point that I made a while ago why people shouldn't install QLPrism unless they know what they're actually downloading. People don't seem to realize that there's additional "crap" in QLPrism that not every user a) understands, or b) knows that it's not standard in QL. Therefore, you get threads like this one (Not an attack at NEPHIREM or anything -- just stating a fact) where people don't realize that things aren't official in the game because it's not clearly listed ahead of time what all the userscripts you download from QLPrism are.

Just to include: You can get these userscripts on any browser. The only "advantage" that QLPrism has is that all the userscripts are installed at once in a single package, so a user can be lazy and just install that instead of the individual userscripts.

+ Reply to Thread