+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there a way to set Quake arena to the same game speed as Quake Live

*zzbios

Is there a way to set Quake arena to the same game speed as Quake Live

The same game speed is there a way to do it?

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    I'm not sure what you mean by "game speed", ca you develop? Are you talking about sv_fps? If so, then yes. If you are talking about having QL's exact player physics, then I think not. If I recall correctly you can have something very similar with the mod "Edawn" though.

*zzbios
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "game speed", ca you develop? Are you talking about sv_fps? If so, then yes. If you are talking about having QL's exact player physics, then I think not. If I recall correctly you can have something very similar with the mod "Edawn" though.

Thanks for you reply

I mean the same playing speed so I can practice simulating the same as being in Quake Live

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    "edawn" mod supposedly has a setting (callvote, sv configuration or something) that's 100% the same as quake live. Haven't tried it though.

use the same cg_fov as well.
    Last edited by megaman3; 02-01-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    sv_fps 40 for one thing. The rest is very tricky since there have been numerous minor changes to the physics over the years.

Maybe wolfcam has some of this, I don't know.

The question is, why not just play Quake Live?

+ Reply to Thread