+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: A Guide to Gear and Settings.

Junior Member sakarauka1 is on a distinguished road
    Regarding mechanical keyboards: is the Thermaltake Meka G-Unit any good?

Also, if I use a USB to PS/2 adapter, are there any downsides compared to using a regular PS/2 cable?

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sakarauka1 View Post
    Regarding mechanical keyboards: is the Thermaltake Meka G-Unit any good?

Also, if I use a USB to PS/2 adapter, are there any downsides compared to using a regular PS/2 cable?
    Currently mechanical keyboards are a gimmick. They won't make you play better but some them are awesome for typing (old ibms).

You would be much better off by buying a 120hz screen, in gaming and in general usage.

Also, there are 4 tricks not to have problems with sticky keys, blocking, ghosting and all that:
    1.- Disable sticky keys in your OS (kind of related).
    2.- Use the 'modifier' keys for playing, for example ctrl, shift, alt, spacebar. They are not affected by that at all.
    3.- Use different letter keys if you are getting constant blocking. That's one of the reasons why people used to play with ESDF instead of WASD, or skipping some row when using emulators (lets say WASD for moving then UIO-JKL)
    4.- In some instances there are less troubles with it by using a usb to ps2 adapter, no matter if it is a nkro keyboard or not.
    Last edited by megaman3; 04-27-2013 at 09:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member tCrown is on a distinguished road
    I'm in the process of buying new gear. Today i bought a new headset. I broke my G35 headset, now it's a Steelseries Siberia V2 ($124), maybe tomorrow i'll buy a new mousepad? My Razer Destructar is all bumpy because i've had many hot things on it (to Eat/Drink). Thinking of trying out the new MX mouse? i loved the feel of those. My deathadder still works, but i want options. Then i'll need a new keyboard, i've had my G19 for a few years and i eat at my keyboard so it's full of gunk and i just want a new one.

These are my 2 monitors

http://www.amazon.com/computers-acce.../dp/B005BZNDS0
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NKU5H0

I'm confused because they are 60 hz monitors, my dad was yelling at me on the phone there are no 120 hz monitors, only tv's yet the benQ is a 120hz monitor, not a TV. Can someone un confuse me?

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tCrown View Post
    These are my 2 monitors

http://www.amazon.com/computers-acce.../dp/B005BZNDS0
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NKU5H0

I'm confused because they are 60 hz monitors, my dad was yelling at me on the phone there are no 120 hz monitors, only tv's yet the benQ is a 120hz monitor, not a TV. Can someone un confuse me?
    Basically, your dad has no clue what he's talking about and should shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Basically, your dad has no clue what he's talking about and should shut up.
    Thanks, i'll tell him. I'm thinking of buying that benq monitor now.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    Was looking for dat 27" ASUS and got irritated a bit. Price ~480 EU. That's solid for a monitor with crappy colors.
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vurun View Post
    Was looking for dat 27" ASUS and got irritated a bit. Price ~480 EU. That's solid for a monitor with crappy colors.
    You think that's bad? The buttons on mine don't work. It's perma-stuck on "On".

Junior Member Ahmed_Yusuf is on a distinguished road
    Can Anyone help me While i was playing Quakelive I pressed the Hypen (-) and the screen really very small i want to make my screen big again how can i do it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed_Yusuf View Post
    Can Anyone help me While i was playing Quakelive I pressed the Hypen (-) and the screen really very small i want to make my screen big again how can i do it ?
    Press the plus (+).

+ Reply to Thread