+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: A Guide to Gear and Settings.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    I bet you enjoyed the 120 second rule on the forum, didn't you?

While I still personally feel that having *some* parts of the gear isn't necessary, I can't actually confirm anything as I personally have never used any "good" gear to play.

Nice thread though -- I read through it all and while I don't see the point in using the exact same sensitivity in different games (because in Quake you need to be able to strafe, but in modern war shooters [BF3/MW3/etc] you don't) it was well written.

Also, while I fully understand that having a wired mouse is "better", do you have any suggestions on any decent wireless mice?

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    I bet you enjoyed the 120 second rule on the forum, didn't you?

While I still personally feel that having *some* parts of the gear isn't necessary, I can't actually confirm anything as I personally have never used any "good" gear to play.

Nice thread though -- I read through it all and while I don't see the point in using the exact same sensitivity in different games (because in Quake you need to be able to strafe, but in modern war shooters [BF3/MW3/etc] you don't) it was well written.

Also, while I fully understand that having a wired mouse is "better", do you have any suggestions on any decent wireless mice?
    The 120 seconds was spent fixing the paragraphs and whatnot, so it wasn't terrible, even though it was a bit annoying.

Believe me, preserving your sensitivity will help your aim immensely. The reason people think they need "different" sensitivities for different games is precisely because of the reasons I wrote: Different FOVs will mean different pixels per centimeters with the same degrees per centimeter. This will cause it to "feel" different (because it IS different). If it "feels" the same in all games you will have a lovely time. The reasons are purely biological; your muscle memory preserves the pixels per centimeter, not the degrees per centimeter. Try it out and be amazed. All you need is a ruler, a calculator and 5 minutes of your time. And you'll never again have to re-adapt for Quake after playing another game.

Not so knowledgeable on modern wireless mice, but back in 2010 the only wireless mouse anyone thought was worth anything was the Razer Mamba. Might wanna ask on ESR, though, since it's 3 years later now.

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Added some crap in the Headphones sections that I had no clue about, but wish I had known earlier.

*zzbios
    Thanks for the time and effort Cat really good info.

Took a few hours to type everything. Appreciate it.

Added some more stuff to Headphones and also a picture. I suggest people take a look. Use the "virtual barbershop" to compare settings and to make sure you didn't screw anything up. You can hear it if something is wrong (like you'll hear Luigi talk to you from behind when he tells you he's at your right).

I added a few links to the "mouse" and "mousepad" sections.

Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar
    Interesting read. Tried looking for the benq monitor (BenQ XL2411T) at www.ncix.com where I get most of my stuff online but they don't seem to list it. Was curious on the price.
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

Quote Originally Posted by intheway View Post
    Interesting read. Tried looking for the benq monitor (BenQ XL2411T) at www.ncix.com where I get most of my stuff online but they don't seem to list it. Was curious on the price.
    Should be around 250 euro, give or take.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    Awesome, thanks, Cat!
    I wonder where can I buy those mices and pads... IDK where to look for them in Russia. I mean, I can order one via Internet, but I'd really like to hold them in hand before purchasing since I need a replacement for my Abyssus and probably Goliathus (not happy with them).
    VG278HE@120Hz@LightBoost + EC2evo + G-TF speed + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Yeah, I've had to order most of my stuff online. Physical stores rarely carry anything but the most popular junk.

+ Reply to Thread