+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: A Guide to Gear and Settings.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    BTW, a question about headsets.
    I've noticed some pro's wearing earplug type headphones and large ones (dunno how to call them) simultaneously. Why would they need 2 headsets at a time?
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vurun View Post
    I've noticed some pro's wearing earplug type headphones and large ones (dunno how to call them) simultaneously. Why would they need 2 headsets at a time?
    Those large ones aren't headphones. They're earmuffs.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    That's because lans are noisy (not hearing the game sounds is detrimental) and players can potentially hear the casters and audience, giving them hints. On the professional ones players are provided with those helicopter headphones (closed and huge) so all ambient sound is blocked, an inside those they use earplugs which is where the sound comes from.

In other words, the huge headphones aren't being used as headphones lol. In some cases they aren't headphones in first place but in others are (sennheisers), still unused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    small ones are probably a sponsored product
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

*Thundercat
    I've noticed my standard Apple iPhone in ear headphones give better positional sound than a pair of my old Sennheiser HD 580s. I use the Apple's now.

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    I just ordered the Q701. Hoping it's as good for positional audio as people say. >_>

Gonna have to try in-ear plugs some time, though.

Junior Member booboy is on a distinguished road
    good article!

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Cool contribution.

One thing though...

The Benq XL2411t doesn't have 1ms of input lag, nor does the Asus that you previously stated have 2ms of input lag. Those are the response times of the monitor, not the measurement of input lag, which are 2 entirely different things.

There haven't been a sufficient amount of tests on the XL2411T yet because it's brand new, but I suspect the input lag will be rated around 4-8ms of input lag (extraordinary for an LCD), and the asus around 5-8ms of input lag.

Cool, nonetheless.

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    Awesome information as always. Thanks for this, as well as your instructional videos. A bit bummed to hear you think the Goliathus mat sucks...I have one at home waiting for me along with a Mamba, but it has to be better than the table-tops I've been playing with here on the boat

-Cheers

Of course, any gaming mousepad will be better than a standard office mat.

+ Reply to Thread