+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New gfx AMD HD7870 2GB, fps drops and idle clock rate?

Senior Member jigglyboobs is on a distinguished road
    Do you guys find that Radeon Pro keeps the flip queue settings consistently when you play? I have a HD 6870 with Win 7 64bit Pro and what I find is that the flip queue seems to switch ON and OFF.

Member MadGabZ is on a distinguished road

OK, so I've been tinkering for awhile...

...and have yet to find a solution. After starting over on config etc, the lag has now been helped a little, mostly the framedropping is less severe... but its still there on maps like Asylum and Quarantine! :/

So, after reading C3's huge thread (thanks, bud!) and the General Vista/Windows 7 Gaming/Network Improvement Tweaks I've really become wiser... or so I thought!
    So, today i watched my lagometer with half an eye, and lo'n'behold, whenever theres action (lots of shots/rockets/enemy movement/many players/clients), my lagometer turns all yellow at the bottom line, though the SIZE of it remains the same low 20-40'ish ping! AFAIK, that could probably only be ascribed to some hardware induced lag, right?
    I'm also wondering if this lag could be ascribed to my oooold CRT monitor, which i run 1280*1024 @85 in windows, and 1024*768@100hz in QL.
    So, I did a search on forums for yellow lagometer, and came up with this post, which is the closest description of my lag I've seen yet:
    Odd lag - yellow on lagometer

Any clues for what to do next?

Quote Originally Posted by jigglyboobs View Post
    Do you guys find that Radeon Pro keeps the flip queue settings consistently when you play? I have a HD 6870 with Win 7 64bit Pro and what I find is that the flip queue seems to switch ON and OFF.
    No, I haven't noticed any such behaviour in RadeonPro.... :/

Member b1_ is on a distinguished road
    How do you know it's not a processor CPU problem?
    FPS drops are not only GPU part.
    What's your computer spec?

it isn't a CPU prob... I've had QL running smoothly before GFX change....
    FYI, its a C2D E6750 running default clocks, QL running singlethreaded using ProcessLasso
    I've turned of anything CnQ-related! temps are nominal!
    I seriously doubt its a gfx-card prob anymore, i suspect its some little dillweebo Windows 7 thingy...... But ANY tip on error-finding will be greatly appreciated....I'll try and be as structured as possible!
    Last edited by MadGabZ; 04-10-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Senior Member jigglyboobs is on a distinguished road
    According to Anandtech and Tech Report, AMD has been trying to resolve some of their video rendering lag issues via a new driver, 13.3 beta 3. Some of you might want to check it out:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6857/a...-roadmap-fraps

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6862/f...marking-part-1

http://techreport.com/review/24635/t...shock-infinite

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Thanks a bunch, guys, I'm already on 13.3... I might look into that microstutter tester, but i'm not entirely sure, if my 'lag' could be seen as microstutter.... would be nice to get that verfied though!

BTW, Can any of you tell me how to activate the Crossfire Profile in drivers???? I downloaded and installed some AMD profiles the other day, but i can't seem to find a way to activate a certain profile.....
    Adderall: your signature needs edit owned3d.tv isn't anymore....
    Thanks!

Junior Member wornoff is on a distinguished road
    not sure about crossfire, but i have fixed fps drops with editing 2d/idle clocks:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/th...-guide.117633/

Senior Member DEICIDE is on a distinguished road
    FSP drops here as well - down to 50-60 from 125. 6-core, with 650 GTX.
    IMO it's the game and lack of optimization for new hardware. Also, there were fewer drops while in browser.

+ Reply to Thread