+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ingame name change, And cg_drawgun 4 plz? :>

Junior Member fearZZz is on a distinguished road

Ingame name change, And cg_drawgun 4 plz? :>

Sorry if it's not fresh news, but my Friend and I came up with 2 ideas for ql and support team suggested us to take it here for "discussing your proposal with other players". Anyway, here's the letter to quakelive support team:

Hi there, we wanted to suggest you some idea we came up with friend which you may find interesting about changing your name in quakelive. We know how some people like to change their alias from time to time, and we know that it would require much more work and space for your database to save all these new nicks and etc.

What we thought would be cool, if a player could change his name only in game (say by /nick new_example command), but his database nick (profile nick /summary/example_nick would stay the same). Providing additional information in /players command (such as original player nick in brackets, like: #1 new_example (example_nick) < listed when we do /players command) should remove any misunderstanding or confusion cause by renaming yourself in game.
    Of course this feature could be provided only for paying quakelive users (pro or prem/pro users).

Also, this “new” feature with transparent static gun (/drawgun "3" is very fresh :). We wanted to suggest if you can maybe add 4th option for ''transparent dynamic gun" (like dg "1") into command list.

P.S. Please let us know what you think, regardless to your decision to add or not this feature into quakelive. Thanks.
    Any thoughts? :D
    Last edited by fearZZz; 01-31-2013 at 05:18 AM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fearZZz View Post
    Also, this “new” feature with transparent static gun (/drawgun "3" is very fresh . We wanted to suggest if you can maybe add 4th option for ''transparent dynamic gun" (like dg "1") into command list.
    Probably this is a good thing to add. I'm not sure why a transparent version of dg2 was added, but not a transparent version of dg1.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    I agree with including drawgun 4. However, I completely disagree with allowing the name change. It's already hard enough as it is to tell who half of the people are because they create new accounts all the time or get them renamed. Just stick with the name you register with; I honestly don't get why people change their usernames. If you weren't happy with it in the first place, why did you even bother making that name?

Junior Member fearZZz is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    I agree with including drawgun 4. However, I completely disagree with allowing the name change. It's already hard enough as it is to tell who half of the people are because they create new accounts all the time or get them renamed. Just stick with the name you register with; I honestly don't get why people change their usernames. If you weren't happy with it in the first place, why did you even bother making that name?
    The thing is: some people like change. They renaming themselves and colouring their nicks differently, cuz they just want some stylish change. Have you ever met person who's creating new clantags every now and then (or how it was ez in early quakelive stages, where clantags could be changed ingame)? Or mb you played q3 where you could ezly change your name to anything anytime. It's just creates additional feeling that we are free people :> with freedom to write, if you want (I mean by allowing them to write almost anything in their nicknames or clantags).

I agree it may cause some troubles with civility (when people will change their nicks to something inappropriate), or with people copying the same nick, so the only thing to say who is who is by seeing their original nick (in advanced /players command list in that case + i'm not sure how to deal with this problem (if it IS a problem for ID)), but!

it also may reduce the amount of request by people to raname themselves AND people creating new fake accounts (cuz imo there a good fakers, which only change their nicks out of this desire to change something, and bad fakers, who are creating new accounts with new names just so they could slam down tier level server and own some guy and see him wondering who the hell you are; and, well, imo the amount of good fakers will significantly reduce in that case too!). They just won't have to write to support anymore with the words (Hi, plz rename my account from A to B); they will probably be satisfied with this only ingame nick change ability...
    Last edited by fearZZz; 01-31-2013 at 06:06 AM.

Junior Member hakuna is on a distinguished road
    big plus for both suggestions

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    about nickname change, it has to be one or the other. Can't have both.

What I did was asking for a nickname change on the game's support, available only for premium and pro accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    your user name is linked to lots of different things why we dont have /nick. Game support is pretty quick about changing name if its not taken
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

+ Reply to Thread