+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: State of the game? And then especially FFA

Member unnamedtony is on a distinguished road
    i know i can spawn,but normal players are out from that kind of game,if we all play on private servers,with friend or for practice,normal server will be empty

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by unnamedtony View Post
    i know i can spawn,but normal players are out from that kind of game,if we all play on private servers,with friend or for practice,normal server will be empty
    Hum. Why would normal players be out? If you set the server to standard and public they'll be able to join it just like any other standard server without the need for an invitation or something like that. They should even appear higher in the server browser unless you make it unranked or unrestricted. Or are you saying that normal players avoid servers where there is an admin? I know it can deter some but that shouldn't be enough to really make a difference.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by unnamedtony View Post
    well,not completely true,this is coz of the tier sistem
    i remember when playing with visje,stesamo,ipodjunk,medixza,yakumo,trajan,deput ydawg and lot of other GREAT ffa players,every map got a different winner,finishing a match with 4-5-6 players in 2-3 frag difference,that was a great period of quakelive FFA imho,we met every night for challenge each other and have great fun,without much dramas,servers with 16 maxclients,10-12 playing and the others spectating watching the great show.maxplayers 8 and map voting/rotarion ruined FFA a lot imho.
    You contradicted yourself on that post itself and on the one before it. Plus what flashsoul posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Member joopsta is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quake Live is all based around the "52 ping Standard Win" model these days, the game is absolutely BROKEN because of the netcode and hitboxes against players of this sort.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 02-05-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Junior Member mapamapa is on a distinguished road
    There are almost always some 16 player FFA server going when I play...
    Maybe not always filled with great players, and the map cycle thing really sucks.
    However I've played on a few filled premium FFA servers recently, I hope there will be more of those in the future.

Senior Member Fireztorm is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by joopsta View Post
    Quake Live is all based around the "52 ping Standard Win" model these days, the game is absolutely BROKEN because of the netcode and hitboxes against players of this sort.
    you complain about the netcode yet refuse to play on anything but UK servers where you have sub 20 ping
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 02-05-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    people whining about the netcode.. lol it never gets old, best part of it is, its just some excuse people need for their petty egos.

as for the op... see my sig to see whats going on.

Member joopsta is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireztorm View Post
    you complain about the netcode yet refuse to play on anything but UK servers where you have sub 20 ping
    1. I have never had a sub 20 ping in my life (soon to change I hope)
    2. I play on UK servers because I am from the UK, that makes sense does it not?
    3. I offen play on .de servers to try and level things out these days.
    4. You only really play servers where you have the magic "52 ping standard win" shuffle. You used to talk about your 10ms ping to swe, never seen you on a swe server though, the competition is crap you used to say. More like your precious accuracy gets ripped apart when you dont have the magic ping

Senior Member trebor111 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Ahh Trebor and his wisdom. Where would we be without you?
    Ive never altered my system to try to win I play with what ive got,Im not sarcastic,I dont slum ,I dont keep playing same server winning 50 20 and worse continuously and imagine Im a good player,this is the slummer mentality.

Senior Member Fireztorm is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by joopsta View Post
    1. I have never had a sub 20 ping in my life (soon to change I hope)
    2. I play on UK servers because I am from the UK, that makes sense does it not?
    3. I offen play on .de servers to try and level things out these days.
    4. You only really play servers where you have the magic "52 ping standard win" shuffle. You used to talk about your 10ms ping to swe, never seen you on a swe server though, the competition is crap you used to say. More like your precious accuracy gets ripped apart when you dont have the magic ping

1. dont you have around 17 ping or so on UK?
    2. If you cant aim at all with low ping but still stick to playing on UK servers you shouldnt whine
    3. about time then!
    4. but it is true, the most active FFA players play on UK/DE/NL, calm now kiddo, ive seen you play with 40+ ping...lets just say you should stick to UK ^^

+ Reply to Thread