+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the game? And then especially FFA

Senior Member trebor111 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLOL View Post
    Id hasn't confirmed anything officially, but it's widely suspected that certain anti-cheat algorithms were introduced in one of the recent updates (QLPP14 or so). But it's not an issue in FFA, cheaters favor other modes.

I'm not aware of any updates to netcode, but your problem sounds a bit peculiar anyway, might be best to play a few games and try it out. Maybe the routing changed, or some other factors...

At the moment, I can see 18 tier 4 FFA servers in EU, among them 6 custom servers with 16 player limit. It's also the only mode alongside duel that's active 24/7 here (at least one server active), other modes tend to die somewhere around 3-4 AM.

Nah, down to 5-6 per day now.

Who? Never heard of them.

Don't remember seeing the first guy, I've heard something about Stesamo getting back into quake, but haven't seen him online yet.

Trebor is still the best.

Sure, if you organize it and finance the prize money. :P

Ty youre too kind,remember I never change anything in my specs or equiptment so Im oh natural.

Senior Member Fi is on a distinguished road
    I am still making videos. Here is a link to my channel. I do mostly duels now.

Regarding abuse, I have seen players being banned right in front of my very own eyes. The system works better now. If you want to be sure, you should to stick to the Premium servers. Unfortunately there are none in FFA, however there are many Pro servers with better settings than the public ones, with moderators that can deal with the most obvious exploits.

My latest FFA stuff is collected in this thread. The map pool is rotated every month with brand new maps. Someone should be setting more records soon enough.

Glad to have you back, even if it's only in spirit.

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    So visje, care to jump in and pwn again?
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

Junior Member _entryway_ is on a distinguished road
    Your girlfriend prohibits you playing a game? Man, get balls please ;D ... no offense

Senior Member sixers_ is on a distinguished road sixers_'s Avatar
    Hello visje, just wanted to say when I first started watching your commentaries on FFA matches (maybe about a year ago or more, i dont remember) it made me a much better FFA player. Though now I've been wandering away from FFA because people tend to get mad at the "try hards" timing every item and waiting for quad, etc, and because of the randomness in FFA, but I know that is what makes it fun too ;-)

also, yeah tell ur gf that quake comes first.
    Last edited by sixers_; 02-01-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Senior Member pwnstar is on a distinguished road pwnstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sixers_ View Post
    Though now I've been wandering away from FFA because people tend to get mad at the "try hards" timing every item and waiting for quad, etc.
    med1xza approves of this sentence.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sixers_ View Post
    Hello visje, just wanted to say when I first started watching your commentaries on FFA matches (maybe about a year ago or more, i dont remember) it made me a much better FFA player. Though now I've been wandering away from FFA because people tend to get mad at the "try hards" timing every item and waiting for quad, etc, and because of the randomness in FFA, but I know that is what makes it fun too ;-)

also, yeah tell ur gf that quake comes first.
    FFA is completely different than what it was at the beginning, lets say 1996 with q1 (not qw, q1). Whether knowing that or not what people think of ffa is everyone having a decent chance to win and have fun, but nowadays ffa is 1 or at most 2 players roflstomping the rest in a who stomps the most contest because the game rewards skill way more than any mainstream fps game released in like 10 years.

Think of the usual guy that comes to this forum and says he shouldn't be tier4 but tier3, just discovering quakers start to appear only at tier4 and even then the good ones rarely play public ffa or ca.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member pwnstar is on a distinguished road pwnstar's Avatar
    FFA is completely different than what it was at the beginning, lets say 1996 with q1 (not qw, q1). Whether knowing that or not what people think of ffa is everyone having a decent chance to win and have fun, but nowadays ffa is 1 or at most 2 players roflstomping the rest in a who stomps the most contest because the game rewards skill way more than any mainstream fps game released in like 10 years.

Think of the usual guy that comes to this forum and says he shouldn't be tier4 but tier3, just discovering quakers start to appear only at tier4 and even then the good ones rarely play public ffa or ca.
    The truth is strong in this.

Theres a handful of close games per night but 90% of the time I feel like either a stomper or a stompee lol
    Last edited by pwnstar; 02-01-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar
    Ditto....I win maybe one in 5 or 6 ffa matches. The rest I'm lucky to get 30 frags. But hey, what doesn't kill you just makes you tougher.
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    Visje, you ever answer questions? Or did you just make this thread for people to make stupid remarks in? :P

I ued to be hardcore FFA player in mid-late 90s. In QL im rather casual and still see that the game is alive and well in EU. Not so many accidental players, as I like to call them. These accidental guys were abundant in 2009 when servers were full of noobs and newbs, but those of a "passing" variety - they were just visitors who played the game for some tiem and then left because it didn't stick with them or they found it to be too difficult. Nowadays the playerbase is more stable, that is its smaller and you happen to find the same guys over and over again - and you know their skill so when X enters the game everyone knows its gonna be short. Or when Y enters, you know theres gonna be some competition. Other than that, the level of FFA is low/mid in terms of skill. I mean, I'm casual player now and I end up mostly in top 3-4 or win the game in t4 FFA. If I were in my Q3 mode (reflex, skill, etc) like in the day, I would absolutely paint the walls with these guys in less than 3 minutes. 1-2 quadruns and it's over, gents. Maybe occasional harder match with guys like Yakumo or Med1xzaor Davat or Visje or Trajan or others who at least know what theyre doing. But life and age takes its toll and I dont care whether I play it tip top now yet I still know that the overall level is low IMO. Its not bad, just not the same than in older Quakes. Whoc ares anyway? It's not like someone gonna lose some sleep over it...or is it? There are still some guys around here who desperately try to prove something to someone by showing off, and very good players usually get bored with FFA - how many times can you win without any good competition? Its tiresome.
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

+ Reply to Thread