+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the game? And then especially FFA

Senior Member visje is on a distinguished road

State of the game? And then especially FFA

Hi all.. I've been away for a long time. My girlfriend is prohibiting me to play again. But I do miss it at times, and am really curious about the current state of the game.

When i quit about 1 and half year ago, it was mainly due to the cheaters. The last few months me and -FFA- organized FFA tournaments, and at some point one certain cheater entered the tournament. He did not win, but blew all my remaining motivation right out of the window. I think he's banned now though, so that's positive.

So I wonder.. have any anti-cheat measurements been implemented in the game now?

Another annoyance was the netcode. I had a low ping, but had to increase my ping to get a better LG and MG accuracy. As LG was my best weapon I got sucked in to constantly toying with latency increasing tools. How is this now? Any changes?

How are the pubs? Still filled? Regulars? Popular? Is Fi still making many vods? Is clan -FFA- still kicking? Is peavey still playing? Is crazy accuracy Stesamo still considered 'legit'? Who are the best euro players now? And finally, is there still interest in FFA tournaments?

Senior Member drunkenFooL is on a distinguished road
    I also remember you had very interesting posts about the whole 'warping player' problem(s). Just wanted to mention that there are still threads about 'warping players', so that is still sort of going on.

Other posters have posted much about the anti-cheat and the whole list of banned players at ESR, etc.

But even though I don't know you, I saw many of your youtube QL escapades and wish you would play again!

Glad to know you still found time to post too.

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    wb visje...since i was afk to im gonna add 1 question for me....what about ctf+ft?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

Senior Member pwnstar is on a distinguished road pwnstar's Avatar
    Long time no see visje, no, stesamo and his 60% miracle-shaft do not seem to be banned but that particular account at least is long-inactive. There is an anticheat of some kind now and a huge wave of folk were banned, devs have said virtually zero about how it works though which is probably the smarter move.

Also suggest she return to the kitchen as we actually kinda miss you lol.

Senior Member JustLOL is on a distinguished road JustLOL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by visje View Post
    So I wonder.. have any anti-cheat measurements been implemented in the game now?
    Id hasn't confirmed anything officially, but it's widely suspected that certain anti-cheat algorithms were introduced in one of the recent updates (QLPP14 or so). But it's not an issue in FFA, cheaters favor other modes.

Another annoyance was the netcode. I had a low ping, but had to increase my ping to get a better LG and MG accuracy. As LG was my best weapon I got sucked in to constantly toying with latency increasing tools. How is this now? Any changes?
    I'm not aware of any updates to netcode, but your problem sounds a bit peculiar anyway, might be best to play a few games and try it out. Maybe the routing changed, or some other factors...

How are the pubs? Still filled? Regulars? Popular?
    At the moment, I can see 18 tier 4 FFA servers in EU, among them 6 custom servers with 16 player limit. It's also the only mode alongside duel that's active 24/7 here (at least one server active), other modes tend to die somewhere around 3-4 AM.

Is Fi still making many vods?
    Nah, down to 5-6 per day now.

Is clan -FFA- still kicking?
    Who? Never heard of them.

Is peavey still playing? Is crazy accuracy Stesamo still considered 'legit'?
    Don't remember seeing the first guy, I've heard something about Stesamo getting back into quake, but haven't seen him online yet.

Who are the best euro players now?
    Trebor is still the best.

And finally, is there still interest in FFA tournaments?
    Sure, if you organize it and finance the prize money. :P
    Last edited by JustLOL; 01-30-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    visje... Welcome back..
    Last edited by swampy; 01-30-2013 at 04:20 PM.
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pwnstar View Post

Also suggest she return to the kitchen as we actually kinda miss you lol.
    I still love him aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    It's not the same, it'll never be since the stupid update allowing you to only play a few maps.

Don't plan on returning on a long term basis. Find a game that has a future.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

Senior Member pwnstar is on a distinguished road pwnstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quakestreme View Post
    It's not the same, it'll never be since the stupid update allowing you to only play a few maps.

Yeah visje I'm sorry to say this prat is still hanging around here too.

Pops back every once in a while to remind us that he's meant to have quit the game...

*jzwe
    Quote Originally Posted by quakestreme View Post

Then pay for the game. I haven't had a single problem finding games on any popular map.

+ Reply to Thread