Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So slow and choppy it's completely unplayable

*Stabjack

So slow and choppy it's completely unplayable

I have:
    AMD Athlon II X2 255
    1GB RAM
    Radeon HD 2400 Pro

I tried different browsers, reduced the graphic configuration to lowest (it was almost impossible though, the game is so choppy that you can't even go through the menus). The game is slow, sounds are choppy as well, it's completely unplayable. I know this is not a state-of-the-art machine but dang, a game with quake 3 graphics should not be too much for it.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    I'm not actually sure since hardware isn't really something I know much about, but it sounds like your computer could be overheating or something. I've never heard of anybody having issues with the menu.

*Stabjack
    It's not overheating, I generally don't have problems related to it, plus the performance problem is with quake live only and is present even if the computer just started and it wouldn't even have time to overheat.

Member 8utt3Rs is on a distinguished road 8utt3Rs's Avatar
    lower the settings of your gfx card maybe they are to high

*Stabjack
    I honestly have no idea what's that exactly supposed to mean.

Member 8utt3Rs is on a distinguished road 8utt3Rs's Avatar
    i'm talking about gfx card driver settings from radeon gfx card

*Stabjack
    I tried poking around in Catalyst CC if that's what you mean, but didn't help.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Just how many FPS do you get exactly? Enter this command in the console :
    cg_drawFPS 1

If it's around 1-5 then your GPU simple isn't used at all. In this case, make sure your drivers support OpenGL or maybe reset its settings to default and try playing again.

*Stabjack
    I get like 3-4 FPS. The card setting list 'OpenGl version' so I guess it supports it. Meddling with the card/driver settings does not help, default or otherwise.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Try updating your drivers or even trying older versions (as those often support OpenGL better). Other than that, maybe you could google stuff like "force gpu utilization on program" .

+ Reply to Thread