+ Reply to Thread

Thread: stable settings would be nice.

*Netsukebones

stable settings would be nice.

Join game/start server, spend 5 minutes getting comp setting, stuffing around with the mouse, alloting mouse buttons. hooray! I likie it. leave game and it does not save settings. are you lot having a lend?
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-28-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Two ideas:

1. When you have it set up the way you like it, go to console and type \writeconfig autoexec

2. Look in your home/baseq3 directory, and if an autoexec is present, move/rename/delete it.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    BTW, it's a good reason to get familiar with writing/editing own *.cfg. Quite boring, but payoff can be huge.
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Banned AutoMatiK is an unknown quantity at this point
    cheers, I will look into it.

Senior Member woeste is on a distinguished road woeste's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Two ideas:

1. When you have it set up the way you like it, go to console and type \writeconfig autoexec

2. Look in your home/baseq3 directory, and if an autoexec is present, move/rename/delete it.
    I'd recommend storing your config separately. You'd have an autoexec with just a line like "exec myconfig.cfg". This makes it easy to switch between configs (you could just replace that line (or even bind a key to change it more easily) with "exec differentconfig.cfg". This will also make your config easily portable.

Also if you use the /write autoexec.cfg command you'll end up with a unsorted wall of cvars. In my experience it's best to start with a good cfg from someone else (or write it from scratch) and change it to your preferences.

Also in my cfg i have a key bound to exec my config (like "bind <key> exec myconfig.cfg;vid_restart") , so i can reset things easily.
    Last edited by woeste; 01-28-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woeste View Post
    I'd recommend storing your config separately. You'd have an autoexec with just a line like "exec myconfig.cfg". This makes it easy to switch between configs (you could just replace that line (or even bind a key to change it more easily) with "exec differentconfig.cfg". This will also make your config easily portable.

Also if you use the /write autoexec.cfg command you'll end up with a unsorted wall of cvars. In my experience it's best to start with a good cfg from someone else (or write it from scratch) and change it to your preferences.

Also in my cfg i have a key bound to exec my config (like "bind <key> exec myconfig.cfg;vid_restart") , so i can reset things easily.
    This post kind of made me chuckle a bit.

It's almost right out of my cvar guide.

http://www.regurge.at/ql/Lorfa/

+ Reply to Thread