+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dueling Keeps CTF.

Banned Limousine is on a distinguished road

Dueling Keeps CTF.

Was I the only one who would just sit mid and wreck anyone leaving the base with rockets? Also spam the corner where the enemy spawns and rack up mass frags? People said this is noobish and doesn't help the team, but whenever I did this I had the whole enemy team complaining and we'd always win. Plus I'd get like 150+ frags in a game doing it. Hahahaha anyone else did this? (I really miss when the good ctf maps werent prem tho )

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    No you were the only one....
    Quote Originally Posted by malevolence View Post
    Was I the only one who would just sit mid and wreck anyone leaving the base with rockets? Also spam the corner where the enemy spawns and rack up mass frags? People said this is noobish and doesn't help the team, but whenever I did this I had the whole enemy team complaining and we'd always win. Plus I'd get like 150+ frags in a game doing it. Hahahaha anyone else did this? (I really miss when the good ctf maps werent prem tho )

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    You're probably not the only one, but it's a completely waste of time map anyway. If you control mid you practically control the map.

*SniperScop3d
    I have always loved the old school quake maps, i loved dueling keeps in quake 3, but haven't played it much in QL since its not free.

My strategy is always to keep pressure and attacking, so that was a fun map for me, and it has interesting strategy since it is such a small and fast paced map. I disliked the flag campers though, who always had 200 armor and all the weapons. I also dislike some of the newer maps that have tons of small rooms, hallways, and doors so movement is slower, but that's just my opinion.

I haven't played Keeps in awhile, you reminded me of a few guys on that map who completely dominated it, like lil_damaged and squ1rrelly who would hold down mid all game by themselves. Its a fun challenge on that map, but i often remember thinking... "how the hell are you 65-0 with 5 flag caps after only 10 minutes in a 7v7 game?" haha, I guess it didn't help that people would go spectator and always join their team after they were winning too, but that's a different story. It's a chaotic map with more than 4v4, but always fun and gives me quake 3 flashbacks which I love, but those guys had the map down to a science and were my favorite to spectate or play against.

I wish quake had more smaller maps like dueling keeps for 2v2, 3v3, some of the maps are too separated and big for my preference.
    Last edited by SniperScop3d; 01-27-2013 at 06:10 PM.

+ Reply to Thread