+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The problem no one will fix: dropped due to inactivity

*your_ad_here

Angry The problem no one will fix: dropped due to inactivity

Well the problem no one will fix, just rolls on. Every day I see players dropped due to inactivity and EVEN IF YOU'RE SITTING RIGHT THERE AT YOUR COMPUTER YOU CANNOT PREVENT IT IN MANY INSTANCES.

ATTENTION: THIS BUG IS MOST VISIBLE AND AGGRAVATING IN CLAN ARENA, SO IF YOU DON'T PLAY CLAN ARENA OR DON'T UNDERSTAND CLAN ARENA, JUST KEEP YOUR OVERLY SIMPLISTIC THOUGHTS TO YOURSELF AND DON'T SAY ANYTHING UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND THE ISSUE.

Obviously the developers just ignore this problem, so how do we get them to pay attention?

1. If you're too uninformed to understand this bug, then keep your mouth shut and don't respond until you DO understand it, because I WILL EXPLAIN (I've seen lists of ignorant responses in other threads about this EXACT issue). Keep your ignorant statements to yourself because we don't want to read 10 responses saying "just don't walk away from your keyboard," or similar stupidity, because if you say that, then you OBVIOUSLY don't understand the bug we're talking about. There are many instances where you CANNOT PREVENT THE SERVER FROM DROPPING YOU FOR INACTIVITY (apparently moving one's mouse while you're waiting for a round to end in clan arena, DOES NOT PREVENT REMOVAL FOR INACTIVITY because I have tested this numerous times).

2. Half the time, AT LEAST half the time, it gives absolutely NO WARNING that the server is about to drop you for inactivity. Sometimes it does, and says "10 seconds to activity removal." Again, this is mostly a clan arena issue because some rounds go long. When a round goes to round draw, I frequently see players dropped for inactivity even though they NEVER LEFT THEIR KEYBOARDS (some servers seem to be set to drop people with no warning, just because a round went long, thus making many players sit and watch for the round to end).

3. This is at least the 5th thread I've seen on this bug, yet the developers refuse to listen, refuse to pay attention, and just generally refuse to help. For a long time I was under the assumption that you could merely move your mouse to prevent being dropped for inactivity WHILE WAITING FOR A ROUND TO END. This is not true. I have personally witnessed servers dropping people FOR INACTIVITY who were moving their mouse while waiting for the round to end.

This is a very aggravating problem and I think it gets ignored because:

1. It only really manifests in clan arena, so only a few people a day are affected by this bug
    2. People aren't reporting this as a bug (even though it presents as a bug, and they were dropped "for inactivity" WHILE MERELY WAITING FOR A ROUND TO END AFTER BEING KILLED).

I discovered another aspect to this bug today, and this is the reason I'm making this thread: let's say you DO walk away from your keyboard for a round, and your player is killed, but you come back soon after your player is killed and sit down again and wait for the round to end. I discovered that there is NOTHING you can do with your mouse to prevent being dropped due to inactivity. This exact problem happened to me today. I stepped away for a round, came back, and while waiting for the round to end, I moved my mouse in many ways, and STILL it dropped me for inactivity. This problem is worsened by another strange bug where many times a server doesn't display in the active games list, so if you're dropped, finding the server again is sometimes impossible. Good grief, do we want people to play this game or not? If we do, then let's get these problems fixed.

If you're here to ignore what I've just said and to pretend there's no problem, then get lost trolls. Some of us prefer clan arena and see this problem a lot and we don't want to hear from the know nothings who think there is no bug.
    Last edited by your_ad_here; 01-25-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Junior Member KillerBeeZzz is on a distinguished road
    I just had the same issue on a CA match, I was killed and in about (approx) 1 minute, I was thrown out due to 'inactivity' . I was on the winning team for god sake!
    Last edited by KillerBeeZzz; 01-26-2013 at 05:59 AM.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    just spec someone when you get up or toggle to another screen. It wont mark you as away then, I didnt read the whole thing but I've gone afk for over 30 mins before and not been dropped and wasnt even at my pc/house
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

*an00bis86
    Question to the OP: When you are dropped from inactivity from Clan Arena, does it occur while you are spectating someone?

+ Reply to Thread