+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A&D could do without commentary

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mr_Ed View Post
    IDK. The games I've played haven't been full of flag camping. Most of the fighting happens at mid, and so the Defense rushes out to mid as well. In the very few rounds where I've seen 5 people trying to camp the flag it doesn't go well because you get spammed to death by the Offense as you trip over each other; it's not the best strategy IMO. And when you're at mid on D and someone does get by and grabs the flag, he's got to fight his way back through your team. If you're all in base, as soon as he's at mid, it's a cap.

And just like CTF, one very good flag runner can easily tip the balance especially with CA-like all weapons and no self-damage.

As for the commentary in the initial post, I've never really been bothered by it, but it seems like it should respond to cg_playTeamVO
    Maybe I've just been "unlucky" with every single A&D game that I've watched. They've all turned into the "fight at the defending side's flag" game.

Also, as I stated earlier, cg_playTeamVO doesn't do anything in A&D.

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    My settings fix that pika... .
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Again, just because I only have one game visibly played of it on my profile, it doesn't mean that I don't know the obvious facts from it. Every single game in it generally turns into standing in place while defending because the defenders can't get too far from their flag for fear of missing someone that might take an alternative route to the quickest. The attackers don't get any points unless they either frag the other side or they capture the flag. This means they either make the round 100% CA, or they try to grab the flag and get out while being spammed. However, because the defenders are usually 'camping' their flag, the attackers usually can only grab the flag and then get fragged by the spam. So essentially, it's just a slightly higher skill-based game of CA with predetermined "meet up" areas.

Yet *I'm* the one that's being insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleRideOn View Post
    My settings fix that pika... .
    Your settings aren't the default though so they're not the same game.
    (It makes it Unranked, doesn't it?)

I couldn't care less whether it is ranked or unranked... Rankings don't mean jack nowadays... With a ranking system that is sufficiently messed up, and effectively bogus when determining if a server meets the criteria, I see no point in having games ranked... If this was fixed, maybe I would care more.... See this for more info... http://qlrockville.blogspot.com/2013...nsaneness.html
    Your settings aren't the default though so they're not the same game.
    (It makes it Unranked, doesn't it?)

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    seems like the reason people don't want to play with the OP is he cries about everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    Also, as I stated earlier, cg_playTeamVO doesn't do anything in A&D.
    I know it doesn't do anything; I'm saying it should. Seems like a reasonable dev request and simple fix.

Idk why so many threads here degrading into pi**ing matches over nothing....

I know it doesn't do anything; I'm saying it should. Seems like a reasonable dev request and simple fix.

Idk why so many threads here degrading into pi**ing matches over nothing....
    Oh, sorry; I read it as in "that it probably would", not "Instead of not doing this, it will work". (Not that this sentence makes sense, but you get the gist of it)

As for the arguments, that's mostly because humans are confrontational species and blah blah blah. :P
    It's really not about "nothing", but it's just mostly brought from frustration about seeing the same things over and over again (In this case for JDB, it's Rock's "crying threads".)

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    If anyone is really that bothered by other people, I suggest using the forum's ignore feature. If the person is really asking silly questions all the time, the thread will get ignored or 1-2 replies and then fade away. Instead we get 8 pages threads with 4 posts of useful content (like this post here )

Have I posted about this very thing before??? And does this look like a crying thread to you? Besides, if there's a place for crying threads, I've correctly chosen the suggestions forum...
    Oh, sorry; I read it as in "that it probably would", not "Instead of not doing this, it will work". (Not that this sentence makes sense, but you get the gist of it)

As for the arguments, that's mostly because humans are confrontational species and blah blah blah. :P
    It's really not about "nothing", but it's just mostly brought from frustration about seeing the same things over and over again (In this case for JDB, it's Rock's "crying threads".)

If anyone is really that bothered by other people, I suggest using the forum's ignore feature. If the person is really asking silly questions all the time, the thread will get ignored or 1-2 replies and then fade away. Instead we get 8 pages threads with 4 posts of useful content (like this post here )
    You can still see when the person posts though -- you simply miss what they say. I don't find it beneficial in any way if you actually want to understand the conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleRideOn View Post
    Have I posted about this very thing before??? And does this look like a crying thread to you? Besides, if there's a place for crying threads, I've correctly chosen the suggestions forum...
    It's not the issue of about the topic that you're posting; it's just that you repeatedly post them. People don't want to hear essentially the same thing over and over again (In this case, "crying threads" or "asking for something".) It's similar to meals; you don't want to eat the same meal for the rest of your life. You'll want some variety.

+ Reply to Thread