+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A&D could do without commentary

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road

A&D could do without commentary

With the exception of "Attack the Flag" and "Defend the Flag".... I find the commentary on this MOD to be a bit annoying, and in addition, kind of a turn off for people who want to play competitively... The reason I say this is that all the commentary, such as the exclamation "Perfect", destroys the focused and competitive environment and results in less seriousness...

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Games are serious business?

Yeah, in fact, on my servers they are, but let's keep this relevant... I know you've had a lot of experience, having played one game of Attack and Defend...
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Games are serious business?
    Last edited by RockvilleRideOn; 01-24-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    I agree.

cg_playTeamVO "0" removes some of the voice chat in other game types. Not sure how much it removes if anything from A&D.

Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleRideOn View Post
    Yeah, in fact, on my servers they are, but let's keep this relevant... I know you've had a lot of experience, having played one game of Attack and Defend...
    Let's be honest; I've probably played about the same of A&D as you. However, yours are altered so they're technically not A&D; they're 'mods' of it, which isn't the same gametype.

I fully understood what the thread was asking (and I'm almost positive it's been suggested before), but asking for every single thing that you want isn't going to get you any results. You just come off as a needy person. Additionally, according to others on the forum, you've got even less experience in other gametypes as well, because according to them you just spam all the time, so don't try to claim that I'm completely unqualified to put in my opinion when it sounds like I actually play the game (by aiming) while you spam.

However, cg_playTeamVO "0" does nothing for A&D. I don't really see what the issue is though because it never plays unless it's the beginning of the round telling you which side you're on (In case you don't notice the text on the screen) or at the end to say "perfect".

Huh. Weird that I'd know that with having no experience, eh?

Senior Member MexicanPadre is on a distinguished road
    Attack and Defend Should be more like Search and Destroy in COD.
    http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Search_and_Destroy
    It seems to work there, maybe it wouldn't work the same in quake.

Senior Member JDB_ is on a distinguished road JDB_'s Avatar
    If you were to actually play the mode instead of just sitting in the same spot waiting for a person to show up, you probably wouldn't be so bored that you notice small things like the announcers voice.

lol

I have never seen you on a server, it seems that you are joining the bandwagon also, as discussed in the other thread.... Basically, now you are just insulting me, rather than reasoning... Still your stats say 1 game of A&D... and I know you haven't played ANY unranked, so let's get real here... You don't know the mod, so keep your mouth shut?... pikaluva, I would love to reason with you, but if we aren't on the same moral level, it will be impossible...
    Let's be honest; I've probably played about the same of A&D as you. However, yours are altered so they're technically not A&D; they're 'mods' of it, which isn't the same gametype.

I fully understood what the thread was asking (and I'm almost positive it's been suggested before), but asking for every single thing that you want isn't going to get you any results. You just come off as a needy person. Additionally, according to others on the forum, you've got even less experience in other gametypes as well, because according to them you just spam all the time, so don't try to claim that I'm completely unqualified to put in my opinion when it sounds like I actually play the game (by aiming) while you spam.

However, cg_playTeamVO "0" does nothing for A&D. I don't really see what the issue is though because it never plays unless it's the beginning of the round telling you which side you're on (In case you don't notice the text on the screen) or at the end to say "perfect".

I have never seen you on a server, it seems that you are joining the bandwagon also, as discussed in the other thread.... Basically, now you are just insulting me, rather than reasoning... Still your stats say 1 game of A&D... and I know you haven't played ANY unranked, so let's get real here... You don't know the mod, so keep your mouth shut?... pikaluva, I would love to reason with you, but if we aren't on the same moral level, it will be impossible...
    Again, just because I only have one game visibly played of it on my profile, it doesn't mean that I don't know the obvious facts from it. Every single game in it generally turns into standing in place while defending because the defenders can't get too far from their flag for fear of missing someone that might take an alternative route to the quickest. The attackers don't get any points unless they either frag the other side or they capture the flag. This means they either make the round 100% CA, or they try to grab the flag and get out while being spammed. However, because the defenders are usually 'camping' their flag, the attackers usually can only grab the flag and then get fragged by the spam. So essentially, it's just a slightly higher skill-based game of CA with predetermined "meet up" areas.
    LOL.... Programs and Features => Uninstall Quake Live.... Do that please...
    Yet *I'm* the one that's being insulting.

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    IDK. The games I've played haven't been full of flag camping. Most of the fighting happens at mid, and so the Defense rushes out to mid as well. In the very few rounds where I've seen 5 people trying to camp the flag it doesn't go well because you get spammed to death by the Offense as you trip over each other; it's not the best strategy IMO. And when you're at mid on D and someone does get by and grabs the flag, he's got to fight his way back through your team. If you're all in base, as soon as he's at mid, it's a cap.

And just like CTF, one very good flag runner can easily tip the balance especially with CA-like all weapons and no self-damage.

As for the commentary in the initial post, I've never really been bothered by it, but it seems like it should respond to cg_playTeamVO

+ Reply to Thread