+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Players > 80 ping: Lag

Hybrid View

Junior Member TDz86 is on a distinguished road

Players > 80 ping: Lag

Let tell ya, It's been a rough at the plant today. I sit down on my throne and fire up Quack Live, in Mozilla. Everything's swell for the first few rounds of Instagib. I notice as I'm continuing to lose like normal everyone is under 100 ping, Yet I am shooting through most of them and at a distance players are still jumping around like they have lag spikes.

I tried putting my screen on Vsync and everything and was still experiencing the anomaly.

Basically instead of the smooth 60-125fps at a distance players were really jittery and jumping around like they were lag spikes and I was shooting through them.

I clicked and I clicked and I couldn't lay them to rest and they just beat me down, round after round. I sat there in the pool of my own sweat and swollen nubs, swollen nubs.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TDz86 View Post
    I tried putting my screen on Vsync and everything and was still experiencing the anomaly.
    Adding a layer of latency (VSync) will only worsen the game experience.

If all your opponents were warping around, you may be losing packets or have a large jitter. Have other players said the same about you? You should investigate that way.

+ Reply to Thread