+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duel matching mode

Junior Member GiZZmo is on a distinguished road

Duel matching mode

What is the probelm with this matching mode, nearly evertime i play i get opponents i have no chance agains them.
    Somtimes they have an similar elo but still 1000 times better or a tier slummer comes in.

This is programmed not good the algorithm should be changed.

I hate this matching mode for duels not playable

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    If you're referring to the QLRanks ELO, that's completely separate from QL's system of ranking. There's nothing that's actually "matching" you to the other players; you simply click the match and join. (Unless you're referring to the !findduel in #QLRANKS)

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Also keep in mind that when it comes to duel, a minor difference in skill can result in a large score difference.

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    I've also noticed some very, very good 1100 Elo rated duelers floating around lately. The issue appears to be that they spend all day playing 1500+ guys, lose regularly, and get low ratings. But compared to a "proper" 1100 player, they'll crush them. I'm sure there are 1400 rated guys playing noobs all day who shouldn't be rated that high too.

Duel is a tough mode, and the QLRanks Elo rating is the best matching system we've got. Ignore the QL tiers. Get the FF plugin or QLPrism, which will show you your and everyone else's Elos. You can even hit a key when on a server to find the ratings in-game. At least it'll give you a better idea.

Also, if drop to windowed mode, pull up the QLRanks website, and search the person who you may be playing. If they're rated way above you or even rated near you, but their "top defeated" list is a bunch of 1700 players, you're probably going to have a tough match.

TBH, it'd be nice if the Elo system tied back to the QL tier system and used that to limit matched people can join. But you can "down tier" in duel, and it seems many decent players still like to crush noobs occasionally.

Junior Member GiZZmo is on a distinguished road
    Thx for the replies

The idea with the qlprism i a good one, ill will try it.

Right is that duell is a hard mode and small diffrences in elo make a big one in game, but skillmachting is good to have fun in game.
    In Sport there are leagues as well, if you start with boxing and had to fight against klitschko, you would stop boxing...

cu

+ Reply to Thread