+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: QLPP16 Site Update - January 22, 2013

Member Tacho66 is on a distinguished road
    'Resolved an issue with the in-game ad system that was causing a delay on join.'
    Really?, I never had this problem till this update XD, what can I do?. A lot of time waiting after log in, and a lot of time waiting to load matches, why?. Thanks.

Member pseudo is on a distinguished road
    Will the developers, for the love of Christ, PLEASE fix the routing issues? There is no reason I should be getting 100 ping to VA and DC when I live in Richmond VA. None. This is absolutely poppycock that you people took my money and screw me on a service with no way to cancel or get a refund.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-28-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudo View Post
    Will the developers, for the love of Christ, PLEASE fix the routing issues? There is no reason I should be getting 100 ping to VA and DC when I live in Richmond VA. None. This is absolutely poppycock that you people took my money and screw me on a service with no way to cancel or get a refund.
    They don't have control over it, so probably not.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-28-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar
    Routing seems to affect certain people only. Fortunately I'm not one of them. I'm in Ottawa and ping 40ish to the DC servers and 50ish to VA. Texas is a little higher at 70ish, but still playable for me. TO and IND are the best at 35ish. NY was good to before it was taken away.
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

Member pseudo is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    They don't have control over it, so probably not.
    All of the problem started when they switched servers right before the DC location went up and NY went down. I can't connect to anything lower than 80 ping now and some of the locations are literally a couple hours drive from my house. It's a joke that I'm getting higher pings in 2013 than I was in 2003.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    All of the problem started when they switched servers right before the DC location went up and NY went down. I can't connect to anything lower than 80 ping now and some of the locations are literally a couple hours drive from my house. It's a joke that I'm getting higher pings in 2013 than I was in 2003.
    That's still not id's issue. It's their server provider's fault.

Senior Member Shelby is on a distinguished road
    Just had a little look round foolish legacy, its lovely. (never played it in q3). Thanks!

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    All of the problem started when they switched servers right before the DC location went up and NY went down.
    Your did, not all. People have been having issues for years. Sometimes is server A, sometimes B. Sometimes it goes, sometimes it comes back. Some never had issues at all. When you (or id) shoot your packets into the network, it's a bit like if you were launching little yellow plastic duck into the ocean, hoping the currents will bring it to your destination fast. Ok, it's much more likely to reach the destination on the internet, but the idea is that you have no control over what path is taken to reach it. Saying "the devs should fix it" is like saying "you should control all the currents of the ocean to make sure my duck gets the shortest path possible". It cannot be done.

As for this...

It's a joke that I'm getting higher pings in 2013 than I was in 2003.
    I'm afraid electricity doesn't travel faster than it did 10 years ago. On the other hand, the internet got a lot bigger, complex and bloated. It's sad but latency is FAR from being a priority for ISPs and backbones.

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    Considering people HAVE the ability right now (a few select ones).. it is just plain unbelievable that it is difficult at all.. btw I know what they said. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabaco View Post
    They're just 2 people, well get more devs, that "It's better to make a little money off of everyone than a lot off one person." it's an amazing idea. And there's probably TONS of people that play QL that would do voluntary work. But these admins don't care about QL they're just waiting for the last buck to come and let the game die by itself.

OP gave some awesome ideas, like this community has given many more, but NO, they do not listen, and if they do, it's idiotic stuff like a map.
    People have been asking for server custom names, for about 6 months? (probably more). YES it has difficulties, but then the community gave ideas to correct them, like if add a language filter, and if it's bypassed then take off the ability for him to name servers, and that's something that isn't hard to mod.
    Last edited by RockvilleRideOn; 02-06-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Maybe they hold it off because you annoy them.

+ Reply to Thread