+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Please please please stop uptiering

Senior Member whodares is on a distinguished road
    unrestricted servers... would still allow the option for improvement playing with and against better players

Senior Member Asuka_ is on a distinguished road Asuka_'s Avatar
    Some people are comenting like if it will be featured on Public Servers wich is a ridiculous idea because there's not enough player base.

Now just some points:
    In Start a Match, since you were who spawned the server, cant you just kick those players?
    Btw i don't see many newbs joining T4 games in premium servers, now if you spawn the server as Standard they do but wasn't u spawning it as Standard because you wanted more players (All skills) to join in first place?

Anyway as a Start a Match option its not a bad idea at all, because everyone will keep spawning their server as they want.

P.D. Excuse my english :P
    Quake Live
    Asuka
    My Youtube

Senior Member Shelby is on a distinguished road
    I could kick them yes, but id rather not start a match and then find theres a guy here who shouldnt be, and the game is already ruined. It would be much better to know before starting that everyone in the server is in the right place.

Also as someone pointed out earlier some of T3/4 cusp players who have just been bumped into T4 can get mistaken for uptiering. I dont want to kick people who have joined a server which the game has told them is 'skill matched' even though it may be that they're unbalancing the game in the same way.

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    I'm not sure what it's going to take to get everyone to realize that in order for a tiered system to work properly, an abundant population must exist so players have an 'appropriate' place to play. The QLive community is in the thousands, so there just aren't enough players to start locking people out of tiers. It's the reality that is QLive, just deal w/ it.

Honestly, the fix to this problem is to just spawn a pro server and invite upper tiered players. Don't have any friends on qlive to make this happen? Get some . Also, get a PREM membership if you haven't already so you can play in higher quality games rather than standard (free) ones.

Quote Originally Posted by c3 View Post
    I'm not sure what it's going to take to get everyone to realize that in order for a tiered system to work properly, an abundant population must exist so players have an 'appropriate' place to play. The QLive community is in the thousands, so there just aren't enough players to start locking people out of tiers.
    Then why am i locked out of tier 1/2/3? (not that i want to go there)

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby View Post
    Then why am i locked out of tier 1/2/3? (not that i want to go there)
    Players would only play in the lowest skill-rated servers to inflate their stats, thereby forcing the actual low-skilled players to quit the game or else get used to going highly negative every single game.

Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Players would only play in the lowest skill-rated servers to inflate their stats, thereby forcing the actual low-skilled players to quit the game or else get used to going highly negative every single game.
    Yeah sorry, i know why im not allowed to join them Point i was trying to make is i am already locked out of these tiers whilst c3 said there arent enough players to START locking people out of tiers. I think there are easily enough players (EU), and even if there werent then the unrestricted servers are there, currently serving the exact same purpose as t4.

Yeah sorry, i know why im not allowed to join them Point i was trying to make is i am already locked out of these tiers whilst c3 said there arent enough players to START locking people out of tiers. I think there are easily enough players (EU), and even if there werent then the unrestricted servers are there, currently serving the exact same purpose as t4.
    (I actually knew it was a rhetorical question, but I didn't care :P)

However, at least in NA, locking people from joining up would probably make CTF even more difficult than it is currently. There's been games lately with mostly tier 4 players, but a few people have been tier 2 (Or should be) from how they played (Or rather, *couldn't* play)

Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    (I actually knew it was a rhetorical question, but I didn't care :P)

However, at least in NA, locking people from joining up would probably make CTF even more difficult than it is currently. There's been games lately with mostly tier 4 players, but a few people have been tier 2 (Or should be) from how they played (Or rather, *couldn't* play)
    If there are so few players that you need to play with guys from all tiers to get a game, why not use the unrestricted servers?

If there are so few players that you need to play with guys from all tiers to get a game, why not use the unrestricted servers?
    Usually the Unrestricted ones that are available have bad maps on them *coughSpaceCTFcough* or additional settings that don't make the gametype "pure" (Which I prefer). There *is* a server right now that's pure and isn't Space CTF, but it's full and I was going to eat soon anyway :P

+ Reply to Thread