+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Please please please stop uptiering

Senior Member Shelby is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolMike View Post
    Just a friendly note that people should not assume what tier people are in just by watching them play for a few minutes. Upper T4 players can make middle T4 players look totally out of place, but there is nowhere else for these players to go. Lower T4 players who play with the cream of the crop for a full evening can also end up in T3 by the end of the day. This will make an upper T4 player who checks out their opponents after the match think that these players were uptiering when in fact they were not.

I'm fine with the suggestion but I just want to urge caution when it comes to drawing any conclusions.
    I agree, and this doubt would be removed if this was implemented

For me personally t3 players joining up arent much of a problem since im not upper t4, but theres no way to balance a game if someone from t1 joins (and they do) and the rest of the server is actual t4. Then again if the whole server was upper t4 and a t3 joined i guess it would have a similar result. Its seems silly to have unrestricted servers and tier 4 servers when they're both the same thing.

*zzbios
    Explain this to me, without having to type something into the console how can one simply know what level of skill a group is that a playing.

And if I suck I shouldn't play there, is there a easy way to know?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zzbios View Post
    Explain this to me, without having to type something into the console how can one simply know what level of skill a group is that a playing.

And if I suck I shouldn't play there, is there a easy way to know?
    If you know your own tier for the gametype, it's easy to just guess. For instance, say a player is tier 2 in CA. They decide to join a yellow server ("More Challenging"). Therefore, by assumption, one can assume they're in a tier 3 server.

However, that doesn't mean that all the players in the server are actually at that individual skill level.

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    You can display the average Skillrating of players on a server in your HUD. This is helpful to tell if a match is "low" T4 at 75ish, "normal" T4 around 100, or "upper" T4 at 300+. It's great for unrestricted matches so you have a clue what the crowd is like.

This presumes you're familiar with what your own SR is and how that reflects your play. For example, in the new game modes in Samplers, SR is almost meaningless because many people don't have enough games in to accurately reflect their skill.

Senior Member whodares is on a distinguished road
    f1 .. but for pro spawned servers, u can actually sort of do it already via an alt method just means having to bind every so often to check skill level, and be the 1st on the server..

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mr_Ed View Post
    You can display the average Skillrating of players on a server in your HUD. This is helpful to tell if a match is "low" T4 at 75ish, "normal" T4 around 100, or "upper" T4 at 300+. It's great for unrestricted matches so you have a clue what the crowd is like.
    The really fun games start at 600+. That's when you have the whole server filled with competitive gamers

Senior Member runny is on a distinguished road
    f1 f1 f1 f1 f1 f1 f1 incase don't know what f1 means... YES if we cant down teir (due to ruining games...) why should they be able to upteir (due to ruining games)

imo skill rating needs an overhaul at least for ca... 200+ or something for teir 4 so many teir 4 (or gold) ... or reintroduce teir 5... possibly 300sr

Junior Member fearZZz is on a distinguished road
    But what about room for improvement? What about the guys who want to play better, and as you all know, that the best way to become a better player is to play against a better opponent.
    Good feature overall, but maybe you could somehow allow tier 1 people to join tier 2 servers and so on, you know, for not completely dividing (ALREADY divided by pre/pro content rules) community with this even more plz.. :/ :>

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    fearZZz - I'm personally arguing that you can up-tier 1 level, but not 2. So T1 can join T2, T3 can join T4. However, neither T1 nor T2 could join T4.

Junior Member fearZZz is on a distinguished road
    Ah, true.. Sorry ;]]

+ Reply to Thread