+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Please please please stop uptiering

Senior Member Shelby is on a distinguished road

Please please please stop uptiering

I beg you, for the love of all thats holy, stop tier 1/2/3 players from being able to join tier 4 servers. Or more realistically, at least allow pro spawned servers to be setup to only allow actual tier 4 players in.

I dont know if they have nowhere else to play (not enough players), dont understand that there are tiers and just join any server they fancy, think they're better than their assigned tier or just plain want to be irritating by going and ruining tier 4 games, but lately the situation seems to have been getting worse.

So an option when spawning a server to stop this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby View Post
    Or more realistically, at least allow pro spawned servers to be setup to only allow actual tier 4 players in.

So an option when spawning a server to stop this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    i support this

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    But not for North American Tier 4 CTF servers. Let anyone in as long as they're balanced against each other and aren't both on the same side.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Been whining about this myself for a long while now. F1.

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    lol,, If low Tier American CTF players weren't allowed to join T4.. There would be about 20 players playing.. At least by letting lower tier players join CTF.. Yer up to 40... . lmao..
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Senior Member Shelby is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by swampy View Post
    lol,, If low Tier American CTF players weren't allowed to join T4.. There would be about 20 players playing.. At least by letting lower tier players join CTF.. Yer up to 40... . lmao..
    I figured this may be the case for some areas/modes which is why i only really have hope for a start a match option for it.

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    Unrestricted should mean unrestricted. But tiered games should be properly tiered -- I can't join a T2 game, they should not be able to join a T4 game. At least stop them from going +2. F1.

Junior Member SCHMERZ is on a distinguished road
    I started same way.

I was tier 3 joined a lot tier 4.. my team almost lost everygame, when i was playing with them.

But now I got 1400 CA ELO and I can play easy tier 4.

But you should not be able to join a tier 4 game when youre tier is 1 or 2.

This is just lame for them, and loss for the team..
    ->NO FUN
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-29-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    only as option in SAM though ... dont restrict the standard publics even further.

Senior Member CoolMike is on a distinguished road
    Just a friendly note that people should not assume what tier people are in just by watching them play for a few minutes. Upper T4 players can make middle T4 players look totally out of place, but there is nowhere else for these players to go. Lower T4 players who play with the cream of the crop for a full evening can also end up in T3 by the end of the day. This will make an upper T4 player who checks out their opponents after the match think that these players were uptiering when in fact they were not.

I'm fine with the suggestion but I just want to urge caution when it comes to drawing any conclusions.

+ Reply to Thread