+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sampler Matches Updated - 1-Flag CTF

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar

Sampler Matches Updated - 1-Flag CTF

The next Sampler matches are now online, and are running 1-Flag CTF on Stonekeep.

1-Flag CTF returns from the original Quake 3 expansion pack Team Arena. A neutral flag spawns in the middle of the arena. Teams must pick up the flag, and deliver it to the enemy's flag stand. Two wrinkles are added compared to normal Capture The Flag: the ability to throw the flag a long distance instead of dropping it in front of you (look for the prompt below the flag icon on the HUD when you're holding the flag!) and the ability for flags to be boosted by jump pads and teleported when touching portals.

As always, the Sampler servers are available in limited capacity, so look for matches named "1-Flag CTF Sampler" and enjoy!

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    Is there anything positive to this gametype, except for the simplification of CTF to 1 Flag carrier and not two?

Junior Member TribalDan is on a distinguished road
    RRO: It's alright. Fun to play when people actually play it. It's just something a little different than the norm.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    It's even harder than normal CTF because you *have* to have 2 players that are decent on your team. You can't get carried by a really good flag carrier because they can't get back to mid right after they capture the flag to stop the enemy team from getting it an capturing it.

Member Chimaira is an unknown quantity at this point
    It's a shame that half of players joining the sampler server don't even know what to do with the flag when they finally get it.

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    Yeah, people really need to learn the basics of this somehow. It's very annoying to have the one other decent guy on your team follow you back to an empty base when you score, leaving mid empty. You say_team "Go to mid, then I'll cap" and they just putz around.

It seems like it could be a good game, but not on the un-tiered random pub samplers :/

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    Even though I am insanely dedicated to Harvester, Domination, and Freeze Tag, and Attack and Defend.... The underdevelopment of this gametype has influenced my views of it negatively... Sometimes there's a sound for picking the flag up, and sometimes the announcer says something.... Also, in my experiences the flag throw has not worked... Hard to play a mod that is inconsistent...

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimaira View Post
    It's a shame that half of players joining the sampler server don't even know what to do with the flag when they finally get it.
    At least they get an award while doing it!
    (The first time I played it I told my team I was deliberately running back to our base when I got the flag -- they understood I was going for the award, so they followed me back to our base, where I touched our flag, and then ran back out. I ended up capturing it because my team actually listened to me :P

+ Reply to Thread