+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Can't play QuakeLive anymore... Please help!

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    Great, now I can't even post on the forums anymore without getting my thread torn apart by useless idiots like the one with the post above this one...
    Quote Originally Posted by JDB_ View Post
    I don't need to look at your stats.

Almost every time I log in I see your silly CTF4 rockets only server with you in it.

Senior Member theMolester is on a distinguished road theMolester's Avatar
    Hey, there's a gauntlet too.
    Friend all SPAWN members to receive invites to Premium servers!! Click to learn SpaceCTF

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    I don't need to look at your stats.

Almost every time I log in I see your silly CTF4 rockets only server with you in it.
    Actually, he hasn't had a CTF4 game in quite a bit that I've seen. He's been playing in pub matches more lately too.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleRideOn View Post
    Great, now I can't even post on the forums anymore without getting my thread torn apart by useless idiots like the one with the post above this one...
    The issue is that you're feeding his argument by calling him "useless idiot". It's just fuel for him to continue riling you up. While I'm not against everything that you post, you really truly are generally posting "crying" threads like he stated in the other thread. Most of the time you tend to be argumentative because people disagree with you. Then, those people continue to argue with you in other threads because you don't always tend to realize that other people *do* have other opinions.

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    The post on the other thread the guy who I was referring to made was completely derogative as well as off-topic
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Actually, he hasn't had a CTF4 game in quite a bit that I've seen. He's been playing in pub matches more lately too.

The issue is that you're feeding his argument by calling him "useless idiot". It's just fuel for him to continue riling you up. While I'm not against everything that you post, you really truly are generally posting "crying" threads like he stated in the other thread. Most of the time you tend to be argumentative because people disagree with you. Then, those people continue to argue with you in other threads because you don't always tend to realize that other people *do* have other opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleRideOn View Post
    The post on the other thread the guy who I was referring to made was completely derogative as well as off-topic
    He *did* have a point though (Assuming that what other people have said about you camping is true). If you're truly just sitting there waiting, then you will tend to notice things that a lot of other players might completely fail to notice. For instance, I have them turned on, and I don't even notice when I get "Impressive" or "Excellent" because I'm too "into" the game. If you're too busy over-analyzing every single gametype, then you're not really playing the game as it's meant to be played. You're simply just in the server analyzing every single detail, which removes any aspect of fun from it.

*loses train of thought after talking in IRC, where you're also at* :P

Stop making useless threads in the forum if you don't like it.
    They're not "useless", there's just too many of them. They get lost behind the amount of them.

Senior Member theMolester is on a distinguished road theMolester's Avatar
    Pika, JDB was referring to me, and I haven't frequented pubs in a while. My server stays full, so I have to moderate it, or the heathens will run a muck
    Friend all SPAWN members to receive invites to Premium servers!! Click to learn SpaceCTF

Quote Originally Posted by theMolester View Post
    Pika, JDB was referring to me, and I haven't frequented pubs in a while. My server stays full, so I have to moderate it, or the heathens will run a muck
    That actually does make sense, since I do often see you in a CTF4 server :P (Bleh)

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    I'm confused...aren't you agreeing with the consensus in that the defenders are needed?
    It's generally known that a flag carrier can't hold onto the flag for too long (Well, in stacked teams then they *can*, but not when the games are even) so it's always good to have somebody protecting the flag so it can be captured faster.
    Must make my posts shorter Yes I am saying that defenders are needed.

CTF is a team game. If you can't work as part of the team you're in, you're failing at it. It is ridiculous to say that only cappers are real CTF players. A lot of pub CTF games are ruined by prima donnas insisting that they're the star flag runners and completely ignoring what the rest of their team is up to. These are usually the sort that start spamming team chat with comments along the lines of "Def you nooobs" when we're 3:0 down, then rage quitting 2 minutes later.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

+ Reply to Thread