+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Voting

Junior Member UnseeN is on a distinguished road

Voting

So there are plenty of servers to play on, however. Mostly when a teamsize vote comes up to allow other spectating people to play, the majority of people vote no, i will refer to those people as grumplestinkles from now on.

Why host a 10+ server when nerds downvote teamsizes? People don't want to spectate.
    Take that voting system out, in RA3 we used to play up to 10 on 10 which is very doable and fun in big arena's. But then again, back in those days you could actually join the game whenever u felt like it and not have to worry about unbalanced teams. Back then people played the game for fun and didn't whine whenever there was a small 1 person unbalance in teams.

My suggestion, take that voting system out, at least for teamvotes. And moderate the servers so people won't complain about unbalanced teams. Like "Oh ma GaWDdd, now the red team has 8 and we blue guys have 7, now i won't be able to get the kills i need for this awesome achievement i gotta show off to my buddys."

/one pissed off and very dissapointed user of Qlive.
    Yes, i wish for RA3 to return.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-23-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnseeN View Post
    So there are plenty of servers to play on, however. Mostly when a teamsize vote comes up to allow other spectating people to play, the majority of people vote no, i will refer to those people as grumplestinkles from now on.
    So for example a CA server has 2v2 thunderstruck. A bunch of spectators enter. We're supposed to increase the teamsize just for them? We came there to play 2v2, not greater than this number.

If there's enough spectators, what is so hard about just going to another server?

Even RA3 had a very large ca 2v2 and 1v1 scene.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-23-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    People in CTF generally prefer having 4v4 (or occasionally 5v5) games. The issue is that it's extremely hard to play a 5v5 game when you spawn directly in front of an enemy with a weapon. It happens ALL the time in 5v5. 4v4 is what most players are used to (At least in NA), and there's often complaining when it's 5v5 (*waves* :P)

Thunderstruck is a small arena, i mentioned bigger arena's Overkill, Asylum, theather of pain, and many many more.
    I understand that in some arena's or cases it's not a good thing to have many players. But in most CA arena's this voting system should be removed.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Thunderstruck is a small arena, i mentioned bigger arena's Overkill, Asylum, theather of pain, and many many more.
    I understand that in some arena's or cases it's not a good thing to have many players. But in most CA arena's this voting system should be removed.
    Maybe the players playing in the server have a different opinion. I mean, they *are* voting as well. You can't just expect to get your way 100% of the time.

It's not about getting my way. It's allowing everyone to just be able to have fun.
    You log in to Qlive, look around for a CA server, and find 5 of them which are all full but one.
    You join that one with 8/12 players in it.
    A vote comes up for Teamsize 5 so and people down vote it. Thus you can't play.
    Other servers are either full or are 50+ ping instead of the regular 20.
    People are just to damn stubborn and need to allow others to have fun aswell. 5on5/6on6 on maps like overkill is great! people who say otherwise are grumplestinkles and should press the "x" in top right corner instead of downvoting.
    I for one will always vote yes on increased teamsize, i find it fair to give others a chance to play, even if it can get a little crowdy.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-23-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    You log in to Qlive, look around for a CA server, and find 5 of them which are all full but one.
    You join that one with 8/12 players in it.
    A vote comes up for Teamsize 5 so and people down vote it. Thus you can't play.
    If it's 8/12, the teamsize is 6. A server with teamsize 4 with 8 players on it shows up as 8/8.

Other servers are either full or are 50+ ping instead of the regular 20.
    The best ping I can get is 50 ms, so I lol'd at this.

People are just to damn stubborn and need to allow others to have fun aswell. 5on5/6on6 on maps like overkill is great! people who say otherwise are grumplestinkles and should press the "x" in top right corner instead of downvoting.
    For example, some people like to play 4v4. It's also the teamsize used in leagues.

As for players joining and unbalancing the teams, it can be a great frustration. Don't think that it didn't upset people in RA3 either, it most certainly did. Maybe you don't agree with it, but you can certainly understand them setting the teamsize to the current number of players to prevent someone joining and unbalancing the teams.

Anyways, that's WHY there's a vote, because players disagree on what to use depending on the circumstance.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-23-2013 at 02:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread