+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion for Mapper's Corner.

Senior Member MexicanPadre is on a distinguished road

Suggestion for Mapper's Corner.

Every month one map that was submitted to the forum could be voted on and included to the map rotation for that month only. It would get a lot more people interested about mapping and we could get some really good maps from it, some that could stay.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    You'd also end up with months with really crappy months though. Plus, I'm pretty sure they'd have to make contracts with everyone before they added them (So they'd probably have to come out the month after they were voted on. Plus, some time would have to be spent on making sure that the map was actually created by the person that submitted it.

Senior Member cityy is on a distinguished road
    SyncError is most likely going to make a statement regarding maps at some point.
    Personally, I think that saying "we include a map every month" might not be a good idea as you can't be sure there will be a quality release each month. However, if there is a quality map on the forums that got community backup you can be sure SyncError will take note of it and will most likely be interested in obtaining the rights to it.
    The main advantage of the new forum is that it is the place to ask questions and learn to make maps with the help of others but then another advantage is that you can showcase your work there and get a big audience, including the developers.

So sort of like a Devpick but instead of a Gamemode a map?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I'm just talking about maps getting included with the game.

Quake Live used to do devpicks, which were essentially testing out gamemodes and cvars so they can be included in Start-A-Match. what i meant was, they could do something similar to that, but instead of testing out gamemodes, they test out the maps people made on normal gamemodes because you can never get the same feel for a map with bots.

Ahh, now I get what you mean. It's a nice idea but I don't know if it is practically doable as they usually have to obtain the rights for a map before shipping it with the game (as pikaluva13 said above).

+ Reply to Thread