+ Reply to Thread

Thread: never EVER let refs move specs into game

Junior Member ray is on a distinguished road

Thumbs down never EVER let refs move specs into game

I was just ref-joined into a stacked game at the end.

Why does this feature even exist?

If this ability stays, may I humbly suggest that any ref who moves a player from spec to a team during a match be auto-reported for this behavior?

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    There is a use for this feature, but certainly it can be abused like you saw. In the most recent case I saw, I popped into a server in spec mode waiting for another player to make even teams before joining. I figured I had a bit to wait, so went to refill coffee, then came back to find I was "put" on a team, where of course I was AFK for a couple minutes while I made coffee. At least there should be some clear communication when doing this, and maybe even require an F1 from the user. For example, "Referee Bob wants to put you on Blue. F1=yes, F2=no".

*Cando
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mr_Ed View Post
    There is a use for this feature, but certainly it can be abused like you saw. In the most recent case I saw, I popped into a server in spec mode waiting for another player to make even teams before joining. I figured I had a bit to wait, so went to refill coffee, then came back to find I was "put" on a team, where of course I was AFK for a couple minutes while I made coffee. At least there should be some clear communication when doing this, and maybe even require an F1 from the user. For example, "Referee Bob wants to put you on Blue. F1=yes, F2=no".
    I agree 100 %
    how hard would it be to at least make it so,
    that the person who is put into a team from spec,
    has to at least acknowledge that he is there and ready.

Member Cubicar is on a distinguished road
    +1

[10 characters required]
    I make frags till I die, that's why I was spawned.

Senior Member realgumby is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Mr_Ed View Post
    Did you indicate that you were AFK when you went to get coffee? If you didnt then nobody could have known. Sometimes when servers are near full it gets to be a play or kick situation. Im not saying that happened in your case but I have seen it before a number of times.

Senior Member theMolester is on a distinguished road theMolester's Avatar
    I "put" players in all the time.

My server is unranked, so nothing to worry about stats-wise (for all you ignorant stat prostitutes).

I do this for different reasons:
    1. Full server
    2. Attempt to even teams
    3. Make sure it's not someone using an alternate account to spec the match

I say: be ready and stop worrying about stats.
    Friend all SPAWN members to receive invites to Premium servers!! Click to learn SpaceCTF

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theMolester View Post
    I "put" players in all the time.

My server is unranked, so nothing to worry about stats-wise (for all you ignorant stat prostitutes).
    real stat dedicated will still be upset as unranked games still effect their Elo on qlranks.

+ Reply to Thread