+ Reply to Thread

Thread: desktop gamma changes after quitting QL

Junior Member polishmeyaya is on a distinguished road

Unhappy desktop gamma changes after quitting QL

I use r_gamma 1.7, and every single time I exit QL my desktop is brighter, so I have to open my catalyst control center (for radeon) and "Reactivate AMD color controls" to bring back my settings...
    I got this bind "r_gamma 1; Quit", but I can't use it between maps (when the match ends), and that's the time I usually quit.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    That's odd, I have the same issue but my desktop gamma is restored to normal when I exit the game.

A couple ideas:

Try updating graphic drivers.

Try using r_ignorehwgamma 1, if that fixes it you could consider tweaking your brightness settings to make its results less undesirable.

Junior Member polishmeyaya is on a distinguished road
    I updated drivers but it didn't help.
    R_ignorehwgamma 1 totally ruins my perfect (;p) config, everything looks really sh*tty (LG is so bright it hurts my eyes) and I can't change r_gamma, so I'm not gonna use it :/

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmeyaya View Post
    I use r_gamma 1.7, and every single time I exit QL my desktop is brighter, so I have to open my catalyst control center (for radeon) and "Reactivate AMD color controls" to bring back my settings...
    I got this bind "r_gamma 1; Quit", but I can't use it between maps (when the match ends), and that's the time I usually quit.
    I just clicked on another thread and came back to say to use the same bind you already said you use :P
    I'd recommend just waiting until after the map has rotated so you can exit without problems. I'm not sure why it doesn't change back though. (I use .8 gamma and it changes back whenever I leave the game)

+ Reply to Thread