+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: reporting Slummers(fake or new accounts with players either hacking or high skill)

  1. #21
    Junior Member slack is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by *ForGreatJustice View Post
    of course it is. tier slumming should be punishable by permanent ban, IMEO - it is the one of the biggest reasons why this game is so dead
    If ID would just remove the tier system all together it would make the game far more enjoyable. Having skill matched games just means you're level of skill with plateau much more quickly and your level of skill will progress much slower.

  2. #22
    Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    304
    I didn't even know people did this....what's the point? Why would you want to play with people below your own skill level? I guess that's like asking why people hack or use aimbot etc...what losers.

  3. #23
    Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,201
    Quote Originally Posted by *ForGreatJustice View Post
    of course it is. tier slumming should be punishable by permanent ban, IMEO - it is the one of the biggest reasons why this game is so dead
    The game feels dead to you because of 1. not using the correct server browser settings ("all populated" filter = 2x more servers) and 2. not tier4 (where the vast majority of active players is)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

  4. #24
    Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by CPTcman View Post
    I didn't even know people did this....what's the point? Why would you want to play with people below your own skill level? I guess that's like asking why people hack or use aimbot etc...what losers.
    So we can play the game
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    The game feels dead to you because of 1. not using the correct server browser settings ("all populated" filter = 2x more servers) and 2. not tier4 (where the vast majority of active players is)
    Completely false. If tier 4 had the majority of players then it'd be possible for me to see games at more times during the day. Generally I either see 0 servers (With All Populated -- only CTF though) or up to 5 from several crappy custom servers.

  5. #25
    Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    304
    [QUOTE=pikaluva13;250875]So we can play the game

    Cheat/slum so you can play the game? I'm confused...do you mean you are tier 4 and there aren't enough servers?

  6. #26
    Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by CPTcman View Post
    I'm confused...do you mean you are tier 4 and there aren't enough servers?
    Exactly this.

  7. #27
    Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Exactly this.
    I spec/play tier 4 servers all the time...seems like there are many, but I am a North American Player Perhaps this is a fault in the ranking system? As far as slumming goes, I never minded player against people more skilled than I am...back in the days before QL, newbs were juxtaposed with pros all the time...the only way to progress, IMO. If you are having trouble finding tier 4 servers, there seems to be many "unranked" servers?

  8. #28
    Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by CPTcman View Post
    I spec/play tier 4 servers all the time...seems like there are many, but I am a North American Player Perhaps this is a fault in the ranking system? As far as slumming goes, I never minded player against people more skilled than I am...back in the days before QL, newbs were juxtaposed with pros all the time...the only way to progress, IMO. If you are having trouble finding tier 4 servers, there seems to be many "unranked" servers?
    Just to clarify, I'm specifically talking about 'pure' CTF servers that don't include the qlpickup server.
    Currently in NA

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts