+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: reporting Slummers(fake or new accounts with players either hacking or high skill)

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Detlewwwwww, anyone?

Senior Member EvilSuperman is on a distinguished road EvilSuperman's Avatar
    well if this is true you are the type of person that is killing QL.
    Quote Originally Posted by uf View Post
    Yes, more then 20. For example, I have more than a thousand new accounts (xxx000-xxx999 and other). I'm doing this for a long time. More than a year. New registration - 10 seconds.

would it not just be easier to start off players at the top tier and give them a warning that they are going to get flogged real bad,they can play a few games see the terror or T4 and how good you must be to get there ...then when they are kicked to T3 it will seem like a dream compared to T4..and is they cant win there,well they will move to T2 sooner or later.......|

but starting this pro players that make new accounts dailt at T3 is becoming a real problem,I see slummers every day,I have pro,and on Prem games you never see them,but when forced to play Pub servers,which happens a lot,you get them all the time,and being lower T3 myself,having some jerk who just wants to own ruin game after game and tell everyone how garbage they are cause we done have a config full of advanced scripts and all other advanced pro stuff,is just getting real annoying.

most T3 players (IMHO) use a very basic config some have a few things set up well,but we are not that possessed by this game to have the must win at all costs mentality of most T4 players,and I thing if some T4 players had to use a basic config they would not be able to play that great.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilSuperman View Post
    and tell everyone how garbage they are cause we done have a config full of advanced scripts and all other advanced pro stuff,is just getting real annoying.

most T3 players (IMHO) use a very basic config some have a few things set up well,but we are not that possessed by this game to have the must win at all costs mentality of most T4 players,and I thing if some T4 players had to use a basic config they would not be able to play that great.
    You are mistaken. Many top players have a very basic config.

Besides, config info is everywhere. In fact I just posted a whole guide on the subject! Right here: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...ndations-Guide

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    would it not just be easier to start off players at the top tier and give them a warning that they are going to get flogged real bad,they can play a few games see the terror or T4 and how good you must be to get there ...then when they are kicked to T3 it will seem like a dream compared to T4..and is they cant win there,well they will move to T2 sooner or later.......|

but starting this pro players that make new accounts dailt at T3 is becoming a real problem,I see slummers every day,I have pro,and on Prem games you never see them,but when forced to play Pub servers,which happens a lot,you get them all the time,and being lower T3 myself,having some jerk who just wants to own ruin game after game and tell everyone how garbage they are cause we done have a config full of advanced scripts and all other advanced pro stuff,is just getting real annoying.

The issue with this is that the new players will probably just skip through whatever tells them that they're going to get dominated. Plus, they might just go "This game sucks because it's too hard" and then they'll leave and go back to the other game that they were playing beforehand. The issue these days are the newer players tend to expect to be dominant in every game they play.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    You are mistaken. Many top players have a very basic config.

Besides, config info is everywhere. In fact I just posted a whole guide on the subject! Right here: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...ndations-Guide
    notice the word SOME...I am not saying every T4 player..I am saying the ones that abuse Ql using every advantage they can slumming lower tiers..I am quite the majority of T4 players are great guys that play to play

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    notice the word SOME...I am not saying every T4 player..I am saying the ones that abuse Ql using every advantage they can slumming lower tiers..I am quite the majority of T4 players are great guys that play to play
    can you name one (1) advantage one can gain by tweaking QL's cfg? If so, can you name one (1) that isn't available on the main menu?

While there are some in both cases, in the end those are very, very marginal and more a matter of personal preference than a true advantage. Problem with your logic is what lorfa posted, which is everyone has access to 99% of commands right in the menu and using a "pro" config is as easy as writing "quake live config" in google.

Using $5 headphones instead of speakers is vastly more advantageous than a cfg.
    Last edited by megaman3; 01-21-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Member General is on a distinguished road
    I have to disagree with this whole thread.

All the better players I know want nothing to do with low skilled players. In fact, they are way more likely to boot them out of their game than try to alt account just to play them. If they are doing these tactics just so they can mop up on you, then they are probably not as good as you think they are.

I don't know the exact numbers, but if you are in tier 3, and someone comes in that's on the cusp of t3/t4, and you are at the lower end of t3, they are going to mop the floor with you. It's that simple.

When that same person gets put into t4, then is stuck with some higher skilled players, he's going to get smacked back down to t3 until he increases skill enough to end up in t4 for good.

Just keep practicing, spec some better players from time to time. Watch some demos, put some time into learning about the game.

Only advice I can give.

well the whole point is not that some good players get knocked down to T3 and kick butt...its that some people are making new accounts every time they move up to T4 ,just to play T3 ......if I play in a T4 I expect to get pwnd ....but seeing the same people with new accounts every day playing T3 just to own the server is pretty sad..
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-25-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Senior Member Ph4nt0m is on a distinguished road Ph4nt0m's Avatar
    Haven't thought enough about this idea - could be a trashy one - but just wanted to throw it out there.

Can QL not only send out an activation email, but actually send it out periodically, every 3 months or 6 months? Perhaps send it out as a marketing newsletter, highlighting good updates they have made, as well as recent tournaments conducted.

Serves as a "we haven't seen you lately" thing as well as helps them keep track of inactive accounts. If a user ignores the emails, and comes back after a long time, instead of letting him in straight, you can give him a link to resend the activation email.

Could at least make things difficult for folks who have 5/6 email addresses to keep up with the activation links for all their duplicate accounts.

Again could be a stupid idea - just thought about it for a couple of mins - but wanted to get you guys opinions. Cheers
    The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood it's ground

+ Reply to Thread