+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: reporting Slummers(fake or new accounts with players either hacking or high skill)

Senior Member EvilSuperman is on a distinguished road EvilSuperman's Avatar

reporting Slummers(fake or new accounts with players either hacking or high skill)

can we have a report button added to a players profile.
    I think that this would please a lot of people that just want to play without the slummers that just make a new account when they go up a tier.
    and having email verification might just help as well,just typing in any old email address to sign up is very poor,it does not even need to be real.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    I like the idea to add in a report button, but I'm not really sure how it'd work. It's also probably easier to just report via email/support ticket because you'll need to add demos/screenshots/etc when reporting somebody.

As for email verification, I believe this has been discussed before, but was turned down because it'd remove the "free to play" aspect...I really don't know why not. I personally think it makes a heck of a lot more sense than having somebody be able to make a new account with a fake email. That way they'd be able to contact support and support would be able to contact them a LOT easier.

well when you pay for something ..and when you want to have fun..it is not good for jerks to come over and ruin things for the people that just want to play without the idiots ...
    I suppose ur one of those guys that slum.

well something simple like clicking and it records ...so if you are causing trouble and you get lots of clicks..QL might just have a look at you...or even something in game like in team DM where if you shoot your own team you get a chance to report them...something like that would be good in all game types.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-17-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    it's no big deal.. If someone makes an alt account (You are allowed 2 accounts) They will be auto placed in 3. If they are really a T4, they will be kicked up pretty quickly.. It's not like they can keep playing in a lower tier.
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Member Cyber7 is on a distinguished road
    Is tier slumming illegal if it happens only on one account (like noobing 1-2 matches to get back to lower tier or by using handicap)?
    I'm a warekitten. =^^=

*ForGreatJustice
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber7 View Post
    Is tier slumming illegal if it happens only on one account (like noobing 1-2 matches to get back to lower tier or by using handicap)?
    of course it is. tier slumming should be punishable by permanent ban, IMEO - it is the one of the biggest reasons why this game is so dead

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    As for email verification, I believe this has been discussed before, but was turned down because it'd remove the "free to play" aspect...I really don't know why not
    I also cannot find a lick of logic in this. Verification is a simple step that would not even slightly inconvenience people who want to play the game but would put a massive obstacle against people trying to rapidly create accounts.

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swampy View Post
    it's no big deal.. If someone makes an alt account (You are allowed 2 accounts) They will be auto placed in 3. If they are really a T4, they will be kicked up pretty quickly.. It's not like they can keep playing in a lower tier.
    Sadly they can create a new account and sit on a server all evening - if they leave after ten games and are tiered up they can't rejoin, but there is nothing to stop them hogging the server as long as they like if they don't disconnect.

As stated above, email verification would prevent a lot of this, or my evil idea of making new accounts play 20 practice matches against bots before they're allowed online. Not for skill matching purposes, just for "training".

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I also cannot find a lick of logic in this. Verification is a simple step that would not even slightly inconvenience people who want to play the game but would put a massive obstacle against people trying to rapidly create accounts.
    yes that is it in toatle..if you have the internet..then you have at least 3 emails from your provider,and you can makes heaps online as well.
    but being able to use something like"bunnies@bunnies.com.au"is just plain silly especially when it is not even real.

it would solve a lot of problems with people just making a new account for getting back to T3.

Quote Originally Posted by swampy View Post
    not talking about a 2nd account..talking about having more then 20 ...which you only use till you hit T4 then you make a new one to play T3 again.

+ Reply to Thread