+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Extreme Reflective Brightness

Junior Member HexaLing is on a distinguished road

Extreme Reflective Brightness

I've had this problem now for a while, but not originally, I think it occurred after an update around November. It doesn't happen on a lot of maps. Quarantine being one of the maps. There is just this brightness on metal objects and players.

I've searched around for solutions but have come up with nothing. Even when I reset all settings to default or do vid_restart nothing changes.

http://i.imgur.com/ExfxM.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/lYsU1.jpg

Any advice?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HexaLing View Post
    I've searched around for solutions but have come up with nothing. Even when I reset all settings to default or do vid_restart nothing changes.
    By reset defaults, do you mean via the web page? Did you also move or delete qzconfig.cfg/repconfig.cfg/autoexec.cfg ?

Is this an ATI card?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    You might want to try updating your drivers. (Unless this was included within the "come up with nothing" portion)
    If so, then it might have to do with r_lightmap

Junior Member HexaLing is on a distinguished road
    Yes ATI and I had tried updating it but it seems there was no more updates. I did before do the reset via the web page, but I think deleting the files was what fixed it. Much appreciated!

+ Reply to Thread