+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: +back

Member Swyfty is on a distinguished road

+back

How do you deal with +back players in duel, like whenever the person has the lead and I regain control I can't seem to frag them after because whenever I Chase them I end up getting rocketed to the face and have to restack. Any tips? Besides getting the first frag lol.

Member Retribution is on a distinguished road
    Hard to really answer this question. It depends on the map a lot. The best advice is to avoid being in that situation. Maybe you could try a safer dueling style to avoid the deficit being too high for a come back. Control the items and engage when you believe the frag is easy.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    1) don't be too agressive - you can loose many frags in no time
    2) pay attention to the timer, try to regain control before there's one minute left
    3) try to ambush YA/RL/RG, since if enemy is slowplaying with +back, he will probably avoid fighting for major PU or attacking weapons such as LG which demands a hell of a stack
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    +back is confining. A confined player will have their health/armor tick down, while yours can go up since you are not confined and can move about the map and pick up health/armor.

Even though time is of the essence some patience is needed stack up and properly charge a fortified position. Once the enemy has died you have a much better chance of getting extra points before the time runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
    Hard to really answer this question. It depends on the map a lot. The best advice is to avoid being in that situation. Maybe you could try a safer dueling style to avoid the deficit being too high for a come back. Control the items and engage when you believe the frag is easy.
    Yeah some maps are harder to +back on but it mostly happens to me on ztn.

Quote Originally Posted by vurun View Post
    1) don't be too agressive - you can loose many frags in no time
    2) pay attention to the timer, try to regain control before there's one minute left
    3) try to ambush YA/RL/RG, since if enemy is slowplaying with +back, he will probably avoid fighting for major PU or attacking weapons such as LG which demands a hell of a stack
    It's harder to this on ztn, like they wait at rl Tele once they see me at mega or hear me going for rl they go through. Sometimes they camp LG I rush them and get pooped on by rockets. Or they just camp ya the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    +back is confining. A confined player will have their health/armor tick down, while yours can go up since you are not confined and can move about the map and pick up health/armor.

Even though time is of the essence some patience is needed stack up and properly charge a fortified position. Once the enemy has died you have a much better chance of getting extra points before the time runs out.
    Teach me the ways lorfa you're a better dueler than me.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swyfty View Post
    It's harder to this on ztn, like they wait at rl Tele once they see me at mega or hear me going for rl they go through. Sometimes they camp LG I rush them and get pooped on by rockets. Or they just camp ya the whole time.
    Try to break your movement patterns. RJ like you are not used to. If you never go from RG to GL - do it. If you never go up from lower YA to RA, try it. Experienced player discovers your movement patterns very fast and knows where to evade. Unpredictability is the key
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Senior Member pwnstar is on a distinguished road pwnstar's Avatar
    QL favours +back unfortunately and its among the biggest grievances that many have with the game. Rockets are now far more spammable and ammo is handed out like sweets. Your best bet is to look to simply rail them down until they run out of items and options and just look to stop the situation recurring. If you have strong control dont be afraid to take a rail in order to land one.
    Tele camping in ztn is a bit of a special case and I for one believe that the stairs leading to that room should be replaced with ramps, its currently impossible to enter that room without being heard. As it stands a rail from lg or dropping through to mega are your best choices.
    Last edited by pwnstar; 01-14-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vurun View Post
    Try to break your movement patterns. RJ like you are not used to. If you never go from RG to GL - do it. If you never go up from lower YA to RA, try it. Experienced player discovers your movement patterns very fast and knows where to evade. Unpredictability is the key
    It doesn't matter if you change the ways you go because let's say its ztn again lol. They're always camping LG ya or rl Tele and they can hear me coming from any side so its kinda difficult -_-

+ Reply to Thread