+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Screenshots

Junior Member TaraHadrian is on a distinguished road
    Ok, I thought there is a kind of subculture for user-maps. Testing with bot do not show the potential of a map. I've played ca in some official maps with bots and hm. For example in hell's gate redux they often stand around, thinking.
    Nevertheless here is the link for cloudwalk_beta.

http://www.tara-hadrian.de/deckard/m...lk_beta_ql.zip

I will also post an extra thread

Senior Member cityy is on a distinguished road
    I made a video presentation of a duel/2on2 map I'm currently working on:

I also made a video for cloudwalk though I wont have a chance to upload it before tomrrow morning.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    I'll give my thoughts about this.

Hum, interesting situation, with so few armor and a dangerous to access mega. Since nobody can stack much, stacks will be much closer between both players than they are on other maps and someone who just died will probably be more willing to take the fights. The player "in control" (more like the last fight's winner), ironically, will surely want to avoid these fights since he won't be able to replenish much after them and might lose control fast. As a result, he'll probably look for controlling the rail to be able to stay at a distance, deal ranged, un-returned damage and make mega pickup much safer. So I believe the area you are standing on at 7:39 is a bit too strong. There, the last fight's winner can :
    - Make sure the enemy doesn't take the railgun.
    - Protect the mega.
    - Take the mega with a little rocket jump without even exposing himself to an opponent's lg from the other side (or so it seems).
    - Attack all the way to the other side of the map (high).
    - Control or at least punish pickup of rail's YA.
    - Control or at least punish pickup of lava's YA.

If someone can manage to get that position with a railgun after a fight, it leaves the other with... one safe green armor (+rockets and lg after some time). I'm just afraid this situation may end in a stalemate : the out-of-control player unable to stack or attack effectively and the "in-control" player sticking to this position, taking the mega and monitoring the two YA + the rail, comfortable in his position but not enough to leave it.

Maybe exchange lg's GA and rg's YA? That could helps things to get moving.

But then again I don't know anything about duel. Maybe I'm just talking gibberish.

From the view of a designer this map looks cool.
    If you enter a map, even in a video, you have a special feeling about it. In this case the design says: You are in danger. Like that.
    And now a few questions: At 0:20 you look upt to the sky. The rotating missing textures - will this be clouds, birds or something technical? It's a cool idea. Did you already use phong-shading at the rocks? They are not flat but look smoth.

*B4ZE
    Quote Originally Posted by cityy View Post
    I made a video presentation of a duel/2on2 map I'm currently working on:

I also made a video for cloudwalk though I wont have a chance to upload it before tomrrow morning.
    Looks super good. Also finaly a map with some slope.

@ Flashshoul:
    Nice feedback, I share your concerns on this. I'm mostly afraid the map can be completely locked down from the high TP exit. Maybe weapons should be less accessible for the high player and there could be a YA instead of the GA so the in control player has to pay more attention to that area.

Quote Originally Posted by TaraHadrian View Post
    From the view of a designer this map looks cool.
    If you enter a map, even in a video, you have a special feeling about it. In this case the design says: You are in danger. Like that.
    And now a few questions: At 0:20 you look upt to the sky. The rotating missing textures - will this be clouds, birds or something technical? It's a cool idea. Did you already use phong-shading at the rocks? They are not flat but look smoth.
    Regarding the rotating objects in the sky, those are going to be birds. I've used them on McSarge's but forgot to copy over the shader to Fuse before packing it up to play it in QL.

For the rocks, the shader has phong shading but I'm using patches for the rocks anyway so they'd appear smooth regardless of the shader.

Did some work on the TDM map collaboration with frs today. Rune symbol jumppad!

Quote Originally Posted by cityy View Post
    Regarding the rotating objects in the sky, those are going to be birds. I've used them on McSarge's but forgot to copy over the shader to Fuse before packing it up to play it in QL.
    Just played McSarge's and it's a fine piece of work. I've seen the birds :-) and not only the clouds are amazing in this map.

Oops, totally forgot to reply! Nice to hear you enjoyed McSarge's. I might use the birds/crows again for the map I'm currenlty working on. Here are some more WIP screenshots:

Junior Member Zulu4 is on a distinguished road Zulu4's Avatar
    Nice design for your TDM map with FRS

I juste test Radiant with your realy good tutorials.
    I work on your CTF infinity remix for duel to train me to learn radiant

The layaout of this map is cool but maybe i will change the item layout

+ Reply to Thread