+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots

Senior Member cityy is on a distinguished road
    Nice to hear you've stumbled across my site. More content is to be put up there!

Senior Member filo is on a distinguished road filo's Avatar
    good stuff rajt drrr!! ... that q1 remake... nice.

*ouistitizizi
    @BISTROMan

Are the textures you used for thoose screenshots all from QL ?

I'm not Bistroman but, yes, they are all from QuakeLive.

Junior Member TaraHadrian is on a distinguished road

After a long night of mapping ...

I've decided to reveal the first screenshot of my new projekt, called cloudwalk. I'd allways loved the q3-space-floaters - so this is one, mixed with indoor style.
    The map is nearly finished, unfortunately the botfile doesn't load in ql any longer (in previous versions oft the map it worked, any suggestions?).

So, tell me, what U think.

Last edited by TaraHadrian; 03-04-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Banned themuffinman01 is on a distinguished road
    @TaraHadrian: upload a condump so people can see what warnings the console might be printing out. Were there any warning messages in BSPC?

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TaraHadrian View Post
    So, tell me, what U think.
    It looks nice but there's no way to tell if it plays well... which is the most important part of a map.

That looks very nice, sir!
    Regarding the bot file, are you already using botclip? With botclip you simplify geomtry for bots; it could help you getting your bot file to work. Make sure you drag a rough botclip around patch meshes and elements with lots of brush detail (for example you could wrap the "laser canon" from the first screenshot in one big simplified bot clip brush).

Junior Member TaraHadrian is on a distinguished road
    @themuffinman01
    there were no warnings, neither compling the bsp, nor the ass.file. The ass-file works fine in the pk3 for q3a, but not in ql-version.
    Now I removed all the botroams, compiled once more - and as U can see, the bots fight again. Problem is fixed. It seem to be one of the strange things you discover from time to time, when mapping.
    @cityy
    I have made exessive use of player-clip. But I have to commit, I did not botclip the patches - thats + the canon will be the work of tonight.
    @FlashSoul
    Ur right. I will publish the beta here in a few days. So you can be one of the testers. Maybe a pro-member can invite me? I am not pro and can only playtest via "practice".

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TaraHadrian View Post
    @FlashSoul
    Ur right. I will publish the beta here in a few days. So you can be one of the testers. Maybe a pro-member can invite me? I am not pro and can only playtest via "practice".
    Even Pro can't use custom maps in their servers... thing is they aren't really their servers but id's and they would have to host and distribute the custom maps, which would expose them to legal problems if the copyright holder isn't ok with that. You'll have to get in touch with SyncError first and sell id your map.

+ Reply to Thread