+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ID What is the problem?

Junior Member Stimulant is on a distinguished road

Question ID What is the problem?

I have been playing Q3 since 99 off and on and have thorougly enjoyed this game. I joined here a few months back, as I wanted to get back into the game, but what has happended to the servers? When I try to join games I cannot get in. I sit there stuck on the ad screen. When I was able to get into games, then there is no sound and the mouse is all messed up. ID do you all not support fixing the game anymore? If so, please let us know. These problems have been happening now for 2 weeks. Please advise us on what to do.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Stimulant; 01-12-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stimulant View Post
    but what has happended to the servers? When I try to join games I cannot get in. I sit there stuck on the ad screen.
    Below you said you can get in to games, so I assume that you can get in sometimes? What happens when you cannot? It freezes at the ad screen? If you wait like 30 seconds more does it work? There was an issue recently where it takes a long time to connect to servers and to quit the game.

It happens periodically to everyone and has something to do with some server QL connects to and its timeouts. It's been happening for a week or so, and should have been resolved by now.

When I was able to get into games, then there is no sound and the mouse is all messed up.
    Known bug with the ad display.

I have a workaround:

Issue an in_nograb 0, and reset your volume.

When you find a volume level you like, type s_volume [enter] in the console to find out what value it is.

Then bind a key to do both things, like:

bind pause "in_nograb 0 ; s_volume 0.3"

Then when you encounter the problem simply hit the pause key.

Hi Lorfa - I was able to get into games a few days ago and now it seem the 2 servers I have tried today I cannot. If it is going to take 2 to 3 minutes to get into a server, I am not going to wait. After the 10 second ad goes away it does nothing. No freezing or anything. I am not sure time limit as to how long I wait after the 10 seconds is gone. Maybe another 10 to 15 seconds. Then I click on go back to website at the top right of the screen and I am viewing the servers again.

What is causing the no sound and mouse problem?

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.4; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
    Timestamp: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 20:22:34 UTC

Line: 709
    Char: 109063
    Code: 0
    URI: http://cdn.quakelive.com/web/2012121...012121800.0.js

Char: 191584

Char: 88890

Still cannot get into a server...

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    So if it hangs, where does it hang at? Does it load the game at all? If it does can you get to console (ctrl+alt+tilde) and see if there are any errors.

Do practice games work?

Lorfa I tried to join a game and got into the Chiciago, IL server. Not sure what the difference is with that and any other server. The game hangs on ad portion of getting in. I am stuck looking at the ad. Nontheless, there is obviously an error with browser getting into a game. Also when I got into the server there was (no sound error or mouse error) that others have mentioned. I have not tried practice games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    So if it hangs, where does it hang at? Does it load the game at all? If it does can you get to console (ctrl+alt+tilde) and see if there are any errors.

Do practice games work?

I tried a practice round and got in but the mouse was messed up and no sound.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-14-2013 at 03:53 PM.

I tried a practice round and got in but the mouse was messed up and no sound.
    What I wrote in the first reply, also:

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...Here-s-the-fix!

Lorfa I tried to join a game and got into the Chiciago, IL server. Not sure what the difference is with that and any other server. The game hangs on ad portion of getting in. I am stuck looking at the ad. Nontheless, there is obviously an error with browser getting into a game.
    I'm confused. Are you able to join the server or not? Does it just take a while?

Lorfa - Yes, I finally got into a server. But that was after trying more than a handful of times to get into different ones.

Why is that there is a Java issue with getting into servers? I do not understand. I join a server fine and then I leave after the game is over. Then I want to join that same server and I get the error at the bottom of the screen on the bottom left when the ad pops up. What is the problem with these ad's and java?

+ Reply to Thread