View Poll Results: Do you think a new type of game CA Duel is a good idea?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 73.68%
  • No

15 26.32%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CA Duels

Member Cyber7 is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up

Thank you megaman3 for your comment. It's good to see some content-wise replies even when they are against the idea. However, I would still like to see CA Duels as QuakeLive option if it's possible ..one day.
    Sure CA 1vs1 is almost the same but making it separate game type changes a lot the way we look at it.

As for the maps I don't see any problem, just the same as CA or regular Duel, small and medium ones.

As for the servers I'm fine with it to be only subscription (pro) option if they can't afford additional servers now. I'm sure that when they discover it goes popular they will add some free public ones too. I will just buy pro or I will play with friends who has it.

Anyway, the only question and the problem I see here is how much work and effort it could be for ID software (QuakeLive developers). And I have no idea... only QuakeLive developers can answer this question in reliable way. Perhaps one of them could step here for a moment and tell us how the things look like from their point of view. I hope they can do it and reply here and I would really appreciate it.
    I'm a warekitten. =^^=

*s3m4s
    +1 for CA1v1 but you need special maps for this , like the small arenas for that we had in rocketarena3 . that now here we have some Thuderstruck , CannedHeat , Electric Head , Evolution, Somewhat Damaged , Windowpain . and i think thats it. small but opened maps
    otherwise in normal duel maps it can be massive abuse of wait +back.....

in fact we need real CA maps, is the most played gamemode and the only without his own style maps(coldwar is a good one and the old big ra3 arenas), besides some strange experiments like ca1 ca2 ca3 ...

Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road
    Reason 1 for this idea: I don't give much ****s.
    Reason 2 for this idea: That's the same as in 1v1 CA...
    Reason 3 for this idea: That's not a reason why it's better than 1v1 CA.

So basically we would need this gametype for the statmaking only?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    People also don't seem to realize that to some degree that if this was added that it'd just split up the CA community and possibly other gametypes. We *really* don't need that.

That and you might as well play 1v1 CA.

Quote Originally Posted by KaasMan View Post
    Reason 1 for this idea: I don't give much ****s.
    Reason 2 for this idea: That's the same as in 1v1 CA...
    Reason 3 for this idea: That's not a reason why it's better than 1v1 CA.

So basically we would need this gametype for the statmaking only?
    "Reason 4 I don't like Cyber7" I know KaasMan I know cause I owned you so many times. No need to go further but please leave your hate & cry power for playing.

Once again if you're against read through the thread and leave content-wise reply. No No cause no. Something constructive please.
    Last edited by Cyber7; 01-14-2013 at 09:03 PM.
    I'm a warekitten. =^^=

*0xid3
    I have to dissagree with CA-Duels. CA is CA CV TS1. why would id want to make a gametype that you can crate yourself with 1 simple vote its not worth the work.
    Either learn duel or CV TS1 if you wonna play 1v1

0x

Quote Originally Posted by 0xid3 View Post
    I have to dissagree with CA-Duels. CA is CA CV TS1. why would id want to make a gametype that you can crate yourself with 1 simple vote its not worth the work.
    Either learn duel or CV TS1 if you wonna play 1v1

0x
    Sometimes I wonder if being an assh0le is the thing we get with time or is it already written there in the nature.
    I asked you very nicely to vote here and you of course had to put a negative vote. You know it really takes a.... argh. Thanks!
    I should know it considering the past but sometimes I'm naive and I tend to believe people are not that bad... yeah, my bad.
    I'm a warekitten. =^^=

Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    People also don't seem to realize that to some degree that if this was added that it'd just split up the CA community and possibly other gametypes.
    I agree. Yes it would split the things. Because people have no 2xmore time. So yes, some especially CA players would split their time between those types of game. Probably other types of game fans too but to some degree. Though, it's hard to predict the percentage differences. But... then again what is bad about it? Let people play what they want, no?

Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    We *really* don't need that.

That and you might as well play 1v1 CA.
    I don't agree with that one.
    I'm a warekitten. =^^=

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber7 View Post
    But... then again what is bad about it? Let people play what they want, no?
    If the community becomes even more split, then it becomes even harder to find games. While I understand that CA is the most popular gametype currently (bleh :P), if there were 2 "gametypes" for CA, then it'd just make it *that* much harder to get into a game during times with less activity.

*s3m4s
    suggestion "map" for this , TEST_BIGBOX

+ Reply to Thread