View Poll Results: Do you think a new type of game CA Duel is a good idea?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 73.21%
  • No

15 26.79%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: CA Duels

Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road
    Cyber, if you want to convince people, you really gotta explain what's different about this than normal CA 1v1 (apart from the stats)
    Because everybody thinks that you mean that this game is the same as CA 1v1, but apparently it's not.

Member Cyber7 is on a distinguished road
    I don't care that much. This is just a game not some bid deal for me. I just thought it's a good idea and I know many thinks the same. And I know it could become popular in no time if it was introduced. So I just wanted to suggest it. That's all. It really is not same as 1vs1 CA mainly because of competitive nature of this approach which changes everything. Otherwise it is the same as CA 1vs1.
    I'm a warekitten. =^^=

Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road
    You care enough to post your idea, but you don't care enough to explain your idea?
    I've got an idea too. I'm sure that many people will like it, but I don't care that much so I'm not gonna explain it Good day.

Member Elegant is on a distinguished road Elegant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KaasMan View Post
    You care enough to post your idea, but you don't care enough to explain your idea?
    I've got an idea too. I'm sure that many people will like it, but I don't care that much so I'm not gonna explain it Good day.
    He explained his idea , I got the point loud and clear.

I like this idea , i didn't read most posts here but highlight.

" It really is not same as 1vs1 CA mainly because of competitive nature of this approach which changes everything. Otherwise it is the same as CA 1vs1 "

Makes this a valid request , which I would love to see added.

Junior Member ToxicFool is on a distinguished road
    Are these the settings you're looking for? I can't remember the RA3 defaults for self armor damage / falling damage.

This is a duel server with no item spawns, 1 frag to win the round, starting with all vanilla q3 weapons, starting armor of 100, self armor damage, falling damage, air control, etc. It really needs more of the ra3 arenas to work though. Unless you like playing thunderstruck over and over.

{"maps":["evolution","eyetoeye","somewhatdamaged","thunders truck","windowpain"],
    "cvars":{"g_gametype":1,
    "pmove_AirControl":1,
    "web_enableRulesetVote":0,
    "g_startingArmor":100,
    "dmflags":4,
    "pmove_RampJump":1,
    "g_spawnItemPowerup":0,
    "g_spawnItemAmmo":0,
    "g_spawnItemArmor":0,
    "g_spawnItemHoldable":0,
    "g_spawnItemHealth":0,
    "g_spawnItemWeapons":0,
    "g_startingWeapons":255,
    "g_startingHealthBonus":0,
    "sv_warmupReadyPercentage":0.75,
    "sv_maxClients":8,
    "timelimit":30,
    "fraglimit":1,
    "g_warmupReadyDelay":0,
    "g_spawnRandomRatio":1}
    }

The reason it is set up as a duel is that I believe duel mode rotates spectators in a queue replacing the round loser. I am not sure if CA is set to do this. I used to play a lot of RA3 and liked 1 on 1, but I also like doing 2 on 2 with smaller arenas.
    Last edited by ToxicFool; 01-21-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Junior Member LebroNe is on a distinguished road
    duels in CA (also for 2x2 matches):
    roundlimit 7
    aircontrol
    modified weapon switch (fast)

that's all!

P.S. i've been playing CA in Q3 for 5 years. I know what it is! Now i tried to find some similar servers here in QL, but failed, because there are no servers with settings like i've discribed above. That's why we should just start a server and enjoy CA duels

+ Reply to Thread