+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Explanation request for running QL on Win8 64bit

*Hesse

Explanation request for running QL on Win8 64bit

I can't play my favourite game, can anyone explain what to do to run quakelive on Windows 8, 64bit? I've already checked Chrome/Firefox and IE. Downloaded plugin 3 times for each one. I don't want to post every single information what I did(of course I will if you ask me), but is there any universal explanation how to run it? I don't want to downgrade it to old system, I'd prefer to stay with Win8, altough it drives me insane.

Any useful reply: Thank you very much! I can't wait to play QL.

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Can you give more information about the problem you are having?

*Hesse
    Yes, when I posted I had no more information, it wasn't working at all, lol.

But now I've reinstalled and changed directory to C:/ system partition, I'm trying to run it on Mozila(I've read that it's not possible on IE), I changed compatibility, both plugin container and Mozilla on XP with SP3, but I'm unable(no option) of changing compatibility for AdobeFlashPlayer(it might be problem). It started to run a game, but takes a lot of time, when it loads it is like it loads each thing 25HEALTH(2 seconds) 50HEALTH(2seconds) etc, after connecting to game and f.e. spectate I see a 1 second in real time of what someone does, then it freezes for very short time, someone is in different place, I see 1 second of what he does, another freeze(it's not a good word), it's like a movie with bad refreshing, like it loads something, stop for 1 second and run for another second to stop again and again. If I try to exit I have to spam clicking mouse on QUIT(flash?), otherwise it doesn't work.

I try hard to be Sheldon cooper, this game is priority to me, thanks for answer

EDIT: you probably already know it, but I just read that people have connection problems, it takes some time to log and quit, but this just looks different(mine problem), I think.

EDIT2: Just forget that sounds also stops.
    Last edited by Hesse; 01-12-2013 at 03:13 PM. Reason: add info

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Are you using graphics drivers for win8 64-bit? What card do you have?

*Hesse
    :/

MSI NVIDIA GF GT630 128bit GDDR3 2gb
    (I know it's very poor quality)

I didn't check that, mainly becuase I remebered that I have installed every driver properly, I forgot that I couldn't install driver for graphics drivers from DVD(because it's 64bit I think). I'm downloading it right now I'll post after I finish and check what will it change.

BTW. till this moment, no game has run, even Europa Universalis 3. They(all games, new and this one old) run for 2 minutes and after that computer freezes, I have no other way than restart... I wish it could work like in XP... Ctr+Alt+Del and fine.

LAST EDIT:

Sorry, totally forgot about that driver, I was sure that everything in system is okey, problem is solved, thanks...
    Last edited by Hesse; 01-13-2013 at 05:55 AM. Reason: add info

Are the temps ok? Total freezing can be an indication of an overheat.

*Hesse
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'temps'. After downloading, not one but few drivers for Nvidia, problem of overheating disapeared, but I'm still aware that it may happen because graphics can be really hot sometimes, I just try to avoid risking it again playing exhausting games. QL is cool.

Now, I can't download plugin, i log into my acc, it says that plugin is going to be installed, but nothing happens, I cannot click 'click here'(to avoid automatical download) and do it manualy. I'm tired, because since I posted that thread I have a multiple and different problems. Life sucks.
    Last edited by Hesse; 01-19-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hesse View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'temps'. After downloading, not one but few drivers for Nvidia, problem of overheating disapeared, but I'm still aware that it may happen because graphics can be really hot sometimes, I just try to avoid risking it again playing exhausting games. QL is cool.

Now, I can't download plugin, i log into my acc, it says that plugin is going to be installed, but nothing happens, I cannot click 'click here'(to avoid automatical download) and do it manualy. I'm tired, because since I posted that thread I have a multiple and different problems. Life sucks.
    I am sorry to hear that.

Try running as administrator, although I'm not sure what causes the "nothing happens" thing in regards to plug-in installation.

I know that Yakumo is using windows 8 64-bit, so it can be done. Maybe he knows what to do to get it going.

+ Reply to Thread