+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: gaming is not like a good old days

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggerhappy938 View Post
    Why does quad damage only do 3x damage?
    This to me is an abomination. Quad was one of the funniest aspects of quake, but now it is not what it used to be.

I know it can be changed when spawning servers, just like /kill on ctf and spawn protection in duel. What matters the most is public servers though, since that's where the vast majority plays and also influence private games.

Another thing that I find an abomination is that there's no way to change timelimit in-game, which makes some maps not as good as there were, especially duel on dm6 since it has to be 15 minutes long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    duel on dm6 since it has to be 15 minutes long.
    No...it's 10 minutes...

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    No...it's 10 minutes...
    That's the point. Campgrounds is vastly better with 15 minutes matches because 10 (the default setting in QL) is not enough to make comebacks without the need of rushing. Most maps are fine with 10, dm6 isn't.

That would be easily fixable if timelimit was callvote-able or changed on the fly, like it was in every single quake before QL, so that all maps in a server have tl10 but dm6 tl15 without needing to spawn a new server. This is one of the reasons why dm6 was left out of tournaments for most part of QL's span.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    That's the point. Campgrounds is vastly better with 15 minutes matches, because 10 (the default setting in QL) is not enough. Most maps are fine with 10, dm6 isn't.

That would be easily fixable if timelimit was callvote-able or changed on the fly, like it was in every single quake before QL, so that all maps in a server have tl10 but dm6 tl15 without needing to spawn a new server.
    Oh, ok. It wasn't worded very well and I thought you were saying that it was 15 minutes long by default. Having a timelimit commands for Premium servers wouldn't be bad though in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread