+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to learn PQL movement?

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar

Where to learn PQL movement?

I watch these guys fly around maps at 700ups cutting corners and passing through doorways w/o hitting the edges. Where can I learn this?

Coming from years of Q2 mods, I totally missed defrag/CPMA/promode or w/e it is you guys spent 10 years playing to learn this movement. Where can a non-Q3er learn?
    Any sufficiently skilled player is indistinguishable from a hacker (to paraphrase Arthur C Clarke)

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Hop on to Theatre of Pain and start running around the map.

It's what I did. Seemed to work decently.

Junior Member RO5WE11 is on a distinguished road
    On Theatre of Pain, I learned PQL by jumping on the jump pad that takes you to top then using my right key (D) and mouse to aim to circle right on to bridge. By doing this you already have the momentum, made it so much easier for me. By all means add me, idm giving you a helping hand as people did for me

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    I'm kind of OK with the air control aspect, but not the strafe jumping. Apparently in my normal strafing, I have a habit of either half-beat or double-beat jumping (idk, because back in the Q2 days I never worried about that stuff), and this method doesn't build speed in PQL very well.

ToP sounds like a good map to practice on, thanks.

Junior Member booboy is on a distinguished road
    practice practice practice

Senior Member ybl is on a distinguished road ybl's Avatar
    play CA so u can watch others a lot. but also keep in mind that this is very difficult and u may never learn it. just saying
    CA with <16 slots is nothing.

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ybl View Post
    play CA so u can watch others a lot. but also keep in mind that this is very difficult and u may never learn it. just saying
    Not really. It's easy to learn, hard to master more like. The reason people find it hard is because they don't invest any time in actually practicing it. I think you might've forgotten this since as I recall you've been playing CPMA for like 10 years already and mastered it long ago. >_>

Senior Member ybl is on a distinguished road ybl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Not really. It's easy to learn, hard to master more like. The reason people find it hard is because they don't invest any time in actually practicing it. I think you might've forgotten this since as I recall you've been playing CPMA for like 10 years already and mastered it long ago. >_>
    ??nope, i havent played any quake games before ql
    CA with <16 slots is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ybl View Post
    ??nope, i havent played any quake games before ql
    Mixing you up with some other guy then. I blame inactivity for that.

+ Reply to Thread