+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best setup for QL

Junior Member AFlyingChicken is on a distinguished road

Best setup for QL

I know this has probably been asked alot, and also people dont want to give away their secrets. So what is the best set up as far as sensitvity, zoom, field of view etc. Most multiplayer games its good to have high mouse sensitivity but I have heard mixed things. Any suggestions would be great. thnx in advanced.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    google can help. It's been discussed on esreality plenty of times and all the configs are shared.

As a general advice and with the simple settings possible, it could be 102 or 103 fov, 30/45/60 zoomfov (used by holding a key), a sensitivity that allows you to do a 360 in 20 or 25 cm (depends on dpi and others so that's the measurement for everyone instead of saying sensitivity).

What most pros use is mouseaccel, which is used with low values (lets say 0.1), but that's not recommendable for a beginner, and simple settings.
    Last edited by megaman3; 01-11-2013 at 07:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    The best setup is one that you can use.

*Earthsea
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    google can help. It's been discussed on esreality plenty of times and all the configs are shared.

As a general advice and with the simple settings possible, it could be 102 or 103 fov, 30/45/60 zoomfov (used by holding a key), a sensitivity that allows you to do a 360 in 20 or 25 cm (depends on dpi and others so that's the measurement for everyone instead of saying sensitivity).

What most pros use is mouseaccel, which is used with low values (lets say 0.1), but that's not recommendable for a beginner, and simple settings.
    Why is mouseaccel not recommended for beginners?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthsea View Post
    Why is mouseaccel not recommended for beginners?
    It's harder for muscle memory because you're not consistently moving the same amount to go the same distance.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AFlyingChicken View Post
    I know this has probably been asked alot, and also people dont want to give away their secrets. So what is the best set up as far as sensitvity, zoom, field of view etc. Most multiplayer games its good to have high mouse sensitivity but I have heard mixed things. Any suggestions would be great. thnx in advanced.
    I gave a bunch of suggestions here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/wov0uyvdhscblze/Console5.html

+ Reply to Thread