+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Splash damage?

Member Lejionator is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by str00 View Post
    ... And about rail throughs, hitbox is just living its own life + lag. But basically, if you aim a bit behind the center of the target, you'll hit more. More ping -> aim more behind. Opponent moving faster -> aim more behind. So some times you have to "miss" in order to hit.
    Hey, this is not like in quake2! I need aim a bit ahead to enemy model to hit something. How works this QL's netcode??? And how I fix this dirty trick aim? With cl_playerLean, rate, cl_timenudge or what???
    I AM THE DESTROYER!

*Hesse
    Quote Originally Posted by str00 View Post
    Lag, or server settings, or the "wellknown" and very annoying "stair bug". When the opponent is on stairs and your rocket hits a stair (that side part, not the floor part), the opponent will not take any damage from the splash. Also it does not need to be a stair, any same style obstacle will do that, for example the wooden planks on the lower bridge on Asylum or the tiles on the floor near red armor on Furious heights, or the small floor part at megahealth on Bloodrun. And of course, same thing with obstacles on walls or ceilings.

And about rail throughs, hitbox is just living its own life + lag. But basically, if you aim a bit behind the center of the target, you'll hit more. More ping -> aim more behind. Opponent moving faster -> aim more behind. So some times you have to "miss" in order to hit.
    This stair bug for me is like a prove that this game is very good made, seems logic. I had no idea about what you said, good to know that, I will use it in combat ;D

Banned AutoMatiK is an unknown quantity at this point
    guy with 68+ ping, me to him 2 rails, and a well shot run of plasma didn't kill a guy. no megahealth arena, he takes me down with 3 seconds of MG? and screw demos, they don't look at them anyways.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-14-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoMatiK View Post
    guy with 68+ ping, me to him 2 rails, and a well shot run of plasma didn't kill a guy. no megahealth arena, he takes me down with 3 seconds of MG? and screw demos, they don't look at them anyways.
    Translation: Screw demos; I'm just making up stories.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-14-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    This. ^^^^^

no, I just don't have the inclination to be that pedantic about stuff that has no real meaning to my life. I'm too busy with Son of Set and my antique restoration business to get all worked up about a 12 year old n00b that hax. hax in games are there, regardless to what you elitist turkeys believe. "OH, I'M A SENIOR MEMBER, WOO, I'VE SEEN IT ALL, TOUCH MY BOTTOM AND YOU MIGHT GET SOME SKILL".... may work on chicks, but, bro, not me. Hax is facts.

btw,

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    no, I just don't have the inclination to be that pedantic about stuff that has no real meaning to my life. I'm too busy with Son of Set and my antique restoration business to get all worked up about a 12 year old n00b that hax. hax in games are there, regardless to what you elitist turkeys believe. "OH, I'M A SENIOR MEMBER, WOO, I'VE SEEN IT ALL, TOUCH MY BOTTOM AND YOU MIGHT GET SOME SKILL".... may work on chicks, but, bro, not me. Hax is facts.

btw,
    You do realize that "Senior Member" is all posters that have 100+ posts...right?

Either way, I don't see what the point of the majority of what you said was. It just sounds like another attempt to get off topic. Unless you post a demo, you're just making stuff up. If you had any intentions of proving what you're saying was true you'd have posted it a long time ago.

Completely off-topic: What kind of antiques do you work with? (No reason I'm asking -- just wondered)

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    There have been dozens of claims like this in the 2+ years I've played QL and no-one has ever been able to back them up with a demo. On the occasions where the player has had a demo of the issue they've ALWAYS found that they'd misjudged the situation - either not realising that they'd been shot by someone else at the same time, or that they had less health than they thought, or any one of a dozen reasons.

In-game, things are so chaotic that your judgement and recollection is unreliable. Demos give you all the credibility you need and they're the only thing id act on. I've reported bugs with demos as have others I know and they've been fixed.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-14-2013 at 04:18 PM.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Quote Originally Posted by DocPossible View Post
    There have been dozens of claims like this in the 2+ years I've played QL and no-one has ever been able to back them up with a demo. On the occasions where the player has had a demo of the issue they've ALWAYS found that they'd misjudged the situation - either not realising that they'd been shot by someone else at the same time, or that they had less health than they thought, or any one of a dozen reasons.

In-game, things are so chaotic that your judgement and recollection is unreliable. Demos give you all the credibility you need and they're the only thing id act on. I've reported bugs with demos as have others I know and they've been fixed.
    okay okay, I'll give it a go. jeez.

You do realize that "Senior Member" is all posters that have 100+ posts...right?

Either way, I don't see what the point of the majority of what you said was. It just sounds like another attempt to get off topic. Unless you post a demo, you're just making stuff up. If you had any intentions of proving what you're saying was true you'd have posted it a long time ago.

Completely off-topic: What kind of antiques do you work with? (No reason I'm asking -- just wondered)
    Mostly Meiji period Japanese stuff, lacquer ware and porcelin/ceramics, I think I'm the only person in Australia doing the lacquer ware side of things, it's pretty hard work.

+ Reply to Thread