+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Splash damage?

Banned AutoMatiK is an unknown quantity at this point

Splash damage?

Just wondering, does it still exist? I just layed about 3 RLs onto a player and no hit beeps whatsoever so enemy just annihilates me with an unfaltering LG, what's the get. I'll pre empt half of you by stating that I'm not the best player about either.

also half my rails are going straight through people.

lag?
    the dog next door writing code again?
    teeeellllllll meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Banned themuffinman01 is on a distinguished road
    Always blame the dog...

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    "I swear something extraordinary and impossible happened in-game. What's a demo?"

Member str00 is on a distinguished road
    Lag, or server settings, or the "wellknown" and very annoying "stair bug". When the opponent is on stairs and your rocket hits a stair (that side part, not the floor part), the opponent will not take any damage from the splash. Also it does not need to be a stair, any same style obstacle will do that, for example the wooden planks on the lower bridge on Asylum or the tiles on the floor near red armor on Furious heights, or the small floor part at megahealth on Bloodrun. And of course, same thing with obstacles on walls or ceilings.

And about rail throughs, hitbox is just living its own life + lag. But basically, if you aim a bit behind the center of the target, you'll hit more. More ping -> aim more behind. Opponent moving faster -> aim more behind. So some times you have to "miss" in order to hit.

Banned AutoMatiK is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by str00 View Post
    Lag, or server settings, or the "wellknown" and very annoying "stair bug". When the opponent is on stairs and your rocket hits a stair (that side part, not the floor part), the opponent will not take any damage from the splash. Also it does not need to be a stair, any same style obstacle will do that, for example the wooden planks on the lower bridge on Asylum or the tiles on the floor near red armor on Furious heights, or the small floor part at megahealth on Bloodrun. And of course, same thing with obstacles on walls or ceilings.

And about rail throughs, hitbox is just living its own life + lag. But basically, if you aim a bit behind the center of the target, you'll hit more. More ping -> aim more behind. Opponent moving faster -> aim more behind. So some times you have to "miss" in order to hit.
    I've noticed this, rails hit more often when aiming at the persons shoulder or feet, not the body. also noticed a few "dead spots" when trying to RJ to higher areas on a few maps.

Member railthru is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    "I swear something extraordinary and impossible happened in-game. What's a demo?"
    A demo is half the puzzle, it's only worth something with a client side movie for comparison.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by railthru View Post
    A demo is half the puzzle, it's only worth something with a client side movie for comparison.
    This is an exaggeration.

Without a demo we have absolutely no idea what happened. With a demo we have at least 75 % of the story.

Also it is extremely easy to record demos with cg_autoAction 1, and extremely easy to upload them and provide a link with sites like filedropper/dropbox etc.

Member railthru is on a distinguished road
    You would have to compare server and client views of the game. A demo alone has no value in the context of this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by railthru View Post
    You would have to compare server and client views of the game. A demo alone has no value in the context of this discussion.
    The OP said this: "I just layed about 3 RLs onto a player and no hit beeps whatsoever"

If you think a demo would have no value on shedding light on this issue you're trippin'.

Senior Member tCrown is on a distinguished road
    I was playing a game on Campgrounds last night, i saw this guy with the talking icon above his head so i thought "sweet, a free kill to help the team". I shot 3 direct rockets at his chest (he was not moving so i can tell where they hit), i fired 4 splash damage rockets at his feet and he STILL LIVED!!! and killed me...wut? I was so angry, i went "Hulk Smash" on my keyboard, surprised my desk didn't break lol. ANyway, all i said to myself was "must be a cheater", yet he didn't even have a good record.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-14-2013 at 04:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread