+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lightning gun

Junior Member collosal is on a distinguished road

Lightning gun

Hey guys i need tips getting away from an enemy using Lightning gun. Other weapons i can avoid and dodge but the lightning gun take me down 90% of the time. Anyways ways to dodge or get away from it

Thanks

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    use the corners on map ie. door/pillar/wall/team mate
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    The strongest dodge is side to side, not as fast as possible but slightly less than that varying to much less than that.

Moving backwards (away from the opponent) is very dangerous and should be used with caution.

Forward is slightly better than back since the opponent has to vary their lg mouse motion speed to be faster to accommodate for the enemy player being closer.

In many situations you simply cannot run away from the lg'ing opponent if you are within a certain range, kind of like the event horizon of a black hole. If you try to get away you will effectively be moving away from the opponent making their prediction very easy.

Either don't get into such a situation in the first place, or fight them outright. If it's clan arena sometimes you can mix shooting them with a rocket and rj'ing away to safety although you have to be careful because if your rocket jump arc is slow, or doesn't place you behind cover quickly the guy can LG you in the air.

Another idea is to discover what kind of dodging works for yourself. Next time you're lg'ing someone and they are trying to get away, ask yourself what would be the most inconvenient thing for them to do? Sometimes the answer is counter-intuitive.

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by collosal View Post
    Hey guys i need tips getting away from an enemy using Lightning gun. Other weapons i can avoid and dodge but the lightning gun take me down 90% of the time. Anyways ways to dodge or get away from it

Thanks
    I think it's based more on your position of a given map. Try to position yourself in areas that aren't completely wide open w/ no escape routes. If you find yourself in a wide open space with no where to go then you either have to out dodge him, or out lg them. Hugging walls/corners/doors will also help you evade lg attacks.

I'd also say improve your LG so you are the hunter, not the prey.

Junior Member ironlady is on a distinguished road ironlady's Avatar
    Just don't panic and try getting away by only going in one direction.
    Panic. Only go left. Very easy to shaft.

Lorfa said it, go left, right, left, right, change intervals. Makes aiming harder but also makes surviving easier.
    And this from me, someone who can't dodge for sure.

Senior Member MajkiFajki is on a distinguished road

+ Reply to Thread