+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why don't we just play Quake 3?

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylez View Post
    In my OP I wasn't trying to say "GAH QUAKE LIVE SUCKS FASHGOOPA LETS GO TO QUAKE 3!!@#!@!!@!@#%!%!%!ONEONEOMNE!!!!!1!11!11!"

I just noticed how a bunch of people thought that Q3 was better and I was wondering why they don't play it then. I'm sorry for any misinterpretation. I'm making this post because I have received some negative reputation. I don't know if it means/does anything but I just wanted to let everybody know I was not trying to take a side and bash the other. I was merely trying to make discussion. Sorry.
    Have some +rep on me It wouldn't be a real internet forum if people didn't wilfully or ignorantly misread and misinterpret posts.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

*Assessment
    Quote Originally Posted by quakestreme View Post
    ^ Exactly. A big part of it is momentum. Then you have the RG being too damaging in Q3A and the fact that qlranks only operates on QL. There is also a lack of central administration that you have here, even lack of an official forum is a bit of a minus.
    sort of like how things are with the Lightning Gun now???

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Assessment View Post
    sort of like how things are with the Lightning Gun now???
    the lg did more damage in q3 and it was considerably more difficult to dodge (cripple effect), plus rockets were slower and with a smaller splash.

ask any decent player and they will tell you the lg and ql itself is perfectly balanced or close to perfection, with the 2 main problems being the rocket launcher (the opposite of lg) and machinegun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member namad will become famous soon enough namad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sinnes7k View Post
    im going back to quake 3. i rarely play, but i came back to QL today after 8 months absence and i notice these new changes...
    We won't miss you, kid

Quote Originally Posted by sinnes7k View Post
    you and the other 20 people who still play quakelive can sit in their circlejerk and not understand why losing players matter, and that new players will never come with these changes, hell, they didnt come before that either.

so enjoy yourselves, slowly people will leave, one by one, and you will say you wont miss them every time. then you sit there alone and ask yourself where everyone went, and you'll realize you do miss the time when the game you enjoy wasnt dead
    you will come back the moment you search for populated q3 servers

Go check the values and matches, including online and offline osp and cpma vq3 (comparing it with 1999 vq3 is unfair). Watch 5 seconds of a q3 dm6 or aerowalk match.

I agree with the reply to lorfa though.

q3 was played a lot more lg and rail heavy than ql is now. In ql the other weapons started to shine.

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Lol really? This is completely false, so it goes into my signature.

QW: LG+RL+NG
    Q2: RG+RL+SSG
    Q3: RG+RL+LG+PG+MG
    QL: Basically the same

I too know railers who say that RG rules and other stupid stories. I know a lot of people who spent their entire miserable Q careers running like retards with LG only. So there you go.

And to answer OPs question: We don't come abck to play Q3 because most of us have been there, done that. The scene is beasically done apart from small lanparties or lone servs populated by a bunch of devotees. @lso there are still guys who play Q2 (lots of my friends do) but most of them do it because...they dont know why They just play it b/c they found QL too much of a mixed bag.

QL has castrated physics = no trixjumping, some dificult-to-swallow weapon nerfs and does not allow for extreme modding lie Q3 did. PQL aint CPMA or DEFRAG, try as you may. So may guys simply went back to Q3 that they know tweak and love to death. Just a matter of whether you can swallow QL wholesale or cant get used to it.

Also well tuned Q3 runs better than QL. End of story.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 01-15-2013 at 02:56 PM.
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

Lol really? This is completely false, so it goes into my signature.

QW: LG+RL+NG
    Q2: RG+RL+SSG
    Q3: RG+RL+LG+PG+MG
    QL: Basically the same

I too know railers who say that RG rules and other stupid stories. I know a lot of people who spent their entire miserable Q careers running like retards with LG only. So there you go.
    Since you are a quake fan you know the quake series started from the most imbalanced to getting more balanced with each release. Problem is this post shows you weren't decent enough in any of those in order to do a good review of them, including QL, because that's not how those were played back in the day and aren't to this day in any skill level.

To be honest I expected more of someone that has any relation with planetquake. Guess that site was ran by noobs, anyway:

Q1 and QW are just 2 weapons: the LG and RL dominate on a level of their own. For people that didn't play those imagine QL's LG doing twice the damage and a cripple effect, and RL doing twice the dps while being twice as effective for spamming.
    The NG was way, way, way worse than the LG and RL in Q1/QW. It's no contest and same can be said about all other weapons.

On q2's case, if you are going to name 2 top weapons they have to be the RG and the CG. 1 hit kill from random respawns (RG) and a weapon that has no counters while doing more dps than all the rest (CG).
    The RL and SSG are not comparable to those 2 in terms of dominance in decently skilled matches and in noob play too.

Q3: Idea is not picking all the weapons. On general terms the game is vastly more balanced than Q1/QW and Q2, for example the RL and plasma are useful and a solid tool, but just youtube any match and see which ones dominated the most.
    Q3 simply wasn't as balanced as QL is.

Q4: lg and rail. No question.

QL: RL and MG were buffed while plasma benefited from netcode changes (especially at lan) and people getting naturally better as times goes by. LG and RG were nerfed.
    Last edited by megaman3; 01-15-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    I still think its a matter of personal preference. Depended on where you played and with who.
    Fact is: You chose some guns depending on connection you had. There were guys who painfully worked over their lag with overaiming the hitbox @ 160ms or more, me included, but that required to get used to another set of aiming techniques when on a lanparty where ping was merely a blip. Also that meant that you lived in two dimesnion: one where you connected to a server in a close proximity or played a LAN and the other was general Internet with its infant infrastructure.

Problem is this post shows you weren't decent enough in any of those, including QL, because that's not how those were played.
    No, the problem is I was extremely decent, also with LG (funny eh?), starting with QW and ending it in 2001 when Q3 was still strong. I met some guys like you, who desperately polished their particular skills, camped a certain weapon spawn on a map and overused the guns they were proficient with while being unable to use the other.

You miss the mark here pal, looking at my profile since now I play Q completely casually. Shame we didnt meet in Q3 back in the day. Would be fun - for me. And some crying - for you But go on, make stories.

You try to sound like you know all, but you dont. I don't blame you; since Q is about using right weapon in the right moment, your theory just shows that either you missed the train in terms of whats important in that game and just settled in a niche or simply get delusional. I could find a lot of guys who would laugh their butts off your weapon guide, and an equal amount of theose who would defend it to the death. You dont get it, do you.

Also look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYIPGIiiCK4
    Just for nostalgia sake, some guys from my scene, Poland FTW Brings back memories, eh?
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

+ Reply to Thread