+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why don't we just play Quake 3?

Junior Member Jaylez is on a distinguished road

Why don't we just play Quake 3?

So people are always like "man quake 3 had this and that put this is ql, this game is nothing to q3 bla bla bla why cant we just pay once ect." and so I wonder why don't we just play Quake 3 then? I mean if there's an interest in QL still there has to be one in Q3 right? Are there any active servers still up for it? Because if there is I'm going to have to hunt me down a copy of Q3 so I can play that instead.
    Asamawa<3

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    I guess QL is just too convenient and whenever someone thinks that way he just go look at Q3 and notice it's completely dead compared to QL. To migrate enough people you need an organized effort from those who believe the same thing but it would be foolish to expect id to let that happen in their own forum.

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    ^ Exactly. A big part of it is momentum. Then you have the RG being too damaging in Q3A and the fact that qlranks only operates on QL. There is also a lack of central administration that you have here, even lack of an official forum is a bit of a minus.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

Junior Member collosal is on a distinguished road
    In all honesty it doesnt matter that quakelive is missing this or that, dnt get me wrong quake 3 was a great game but even if quakelive was made to be exactly like quake 3 people would still complain about petty little things, what people dont understand about quake is that its not like other FPS were you just kill; it involves thinking and tactics where your enemies going to be and what their next move is and to be good with less

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    For everyone that constantly says I'm going back to q3 about zero of them do
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Unfortunately we cannot go backwards, we must go forward.

Senior Member SergeantRock44 is an unknown quantity at this point SergeantRock44's Avatar
    unless you go in a circle....

*Look0ut
    ive got quake 3 and still play it

Senior Member namad will become famous soon enough namad's Avatar
    Just because QL has all infrastructure out of the box, no need to worry about servers (there are plenty of them running by ID worldwide), there are single place where you can see your stats, communicate with mates and so on. Q3 isn't that easy to get into the game, someone has to rent a server, perform maintenance. And there are only couple guys who can actually do that (pay for everything, organize, keep up and running), all the rest will whine all the rime

Junior Member Galdov is on a distinguished road
    Q3 was something really awesome, the beggining of something great in the end of the past century, but really, can anyone tell me exactly what is in Q3 that isn't en QL? QL is a remake, with lots of improvments and as namad said everything gets easier because we just have to play, id do the rest

for example the only reason because I still play UT99 sometimes, its because there isn't something similar to QL in UT world, and i have lots of issues because servers use different protocols/game versions/mods etc

let Q3A die (i could understand if you keep playing Q1 o Q2 multiplayer today even if is not that easy, i play sometimes in a Q2 USA server but sometimes is no one playing, but you got this awesome thing that is QL bringing back to life the old Q3 and keep complaining?)

this is my first post in the forums :P

+ Reply to Thread