+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Latency and Virtual Private Network

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    They probably block the port used for XMPP communication with QL's XMPP server.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    We had a good vpn here in Orlando that would allow me and a few others ping 15 to alt (when atl worked), then routing on the vpn went meh
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Try these services out, in this order:

www.wtfast.com (Proxy gaming service, first 30 minutes connected for free so you can test).

As far as VPN's go, I've tried www.hidemyass.com (massive ping spikes and PL), www.purevpn.com (Irritating to setup because they have to allow ports on their side for QLive to function on their network), and my favorite, www.fixmylag.com

www.fixmylag.com offers two methods to alter your routing to gaming servers, through proxies and vpn. Their VPN service is very solid and ping jitter is acceptable, I'd definitely give them a try, worked well for me. When I had cable, I pinged 60 to los angeles servers, using fixmylag.com proxy or vpn, my ping dropped to 15-22ms.

GL.

+ Reply to Thread