+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Improving Railgun Accuracy

Senior Member tCrown is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by stownr View Post
    No. offline does not count toward your stats.
    I don't agree with the above...tips. a good flick rail is an acquired art form and can be deadly. And zoom can get you killed if used a lot. It has it's time though.
    I think i heard from one of Momento Mori youtube vids (the setup one?) that flick should be used if your arm is not resting. Like i only hand my hand/wrist on the table, so i would flick. But i dunno if i heard him right, i'm still learning too anyway.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    1) create practice game with a lot of bots (nightmare), give yourself invincibility, all weapons (this will add 999 slugs) - and just shoot (2k shots per day) for 2-3 days
    2) tweak your sens (overall or just for RG - look for scripts)
    3) pay attention to your mouse/pad
    4) play some iFFA online

i managed to improve from ~20% up to 43% this way with no +zoom
    too bad I cant do LG the same way))

flicks are all about muscular memory, which comes from practice, no special setup for flickrail needed, imho
    Last edited by vurun; 01-08-2013 at 10:47 PM.
    VG278HE@120Hz@LightBoost + EC2evo + G-TF speed + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Senior Member namad will become famous soon enough namad's Avatar
    This one might help - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ1plnx0Hco
    I was able to improve my rail accuracy using Cats method

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    Yep, I meant that method
    VG278HE@120Hz@LightBoost + EC2evo + G-TF speed + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Senior Member tCrown is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by namad View Post
    This one might help - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ1plnx0Hco
    I was able to improve my rail accuracy using Cats method
    Yup, that's the vid i was talking about.

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    If you liked my railgun tutorial, you'll probably wanna watch the tutorials I based it on by Sarciss. Different game, same principle. I got called a hacker for the first time in BF2 the very same day I watched his first tutorial video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBvaB5RypUg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQDLymzKYJA older and longer version.

The reason you often use dragshots in BF2 (dragging your crosshairs past the target) instead of flickshots (dragging your crosshairs right to the target) is because BF2 has an inherent negative mouse accel that can't be removed no matter what black magic config hacks you use. This means you'll hit more consistently by moving your crosshair past the target and relying on timing your mouse click, since the same amount of mouse movement doesn't correspond to the same number of degrees on screen due to the negative accel. QL doesn't have any such problems, so flickrailing is the way to go.

Senior Member eduguy is an unknown quantity at this point
    Wow thanks for all the video responses. Does the one for BF2 help in Quake?

*tribeastover
    improve it by joining instagib servers. also i sometimes think the shotgun is a lot like the railgun. it has similar mechanics just like the rocket + bfg, or plasma + machine gun.. just my opinion.

Senior Member infntnub is on a distinguished road infntnub's Avatar
    Just don't let yourself get overly caught up on the accuracy statistic; sometimes it's better to miss a few shots trying to nail someone peaking around a corner than to not send a shot in their direction in fear of missing the shot.

It sounds dumb but I know people who would rather be fragged than miss a shot... that of course is an extreme obession regarding accuracy but it paints the picture at least. :~)

I'd focus more on strafe practice and movement in general through maps before worrying about your rail accuracy though. Speed Kills as much, if not more, than general accuracy.

/edit

Just a few quick things:

~ I suggest using the "dot" crosshair at the smallest size setting where you can still see it w/o straining your eyes
    ~ adjust your mouse sensitivity to a point where your crosshair movements are all deliberate; meaning you are able to put your crosshair where you want it/when you want it there
    ~ practice, practice, practice (bots aren't the best, but if you cannot find an insta server load up longest yard and shoot at 3 bots for a bit while they're flying off bouncepads - kind of like skeet shooting heh).
    ~ most people don't really like a low fov from what I can tell these days but in general the lower your fov is the easier it is to aim but at the cost of you feeling slow and sluggish while moving - if you're at something like 100 fov try 95 out for a bit and see how it feels for you
    Last edited by infntnub; 01-09-2013 at 10:07 AM.
    Quake 3 1.16n Noghost iFreezetag

-UE- .o2o. -g0d- n[2]p foq -end- *pWp* oBs H$ iD aM q3p {DR} *MS* uTk dT |c*|

Great Memories That Will Last A Lifetime :~)

http://www.instalounge.co.nr/

Senior Member ybl is on a distinguished road ybl's Avatar
    use crosshair 7 for the rg
    CA with <16 slots is nothing.

+ Reply to Thread